Author Topic: Is this Gyne or fat??  (Read 3712 times)

Offline vo_ktm

• Posting Member
Could you guys let me know if this is gyne or fat? Thanks!

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
well there is definitely fat there, your nipples look a bit pointed so id say probably a little gland there, that could flatten out tho without the fat behind it, can you feel anything in your chest if u pinch the area (other than fat) ? .. so get to the gym and lose the weight before even considering surgery.

DrBermant

Could you guys let me know if this is gyne or fat? Thanks!

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to distinguish just what is causing the problem.  Gynecomastia male breasts can be fat, gland, or most commonly a combination of both.  Sometimes skin and sagging tissues can be a factor.  Pseudo Gynecomastia is supposed to be fat only gynecomastia.  The problem with that "classification" is that in almost every case of gynecomastia I have seen there is some component of gland.  This gland can be very small, but it is present almost all the time.  So do you have Pseudo gynecomastia when there is a 1%, 10%, 50%, or 90% deformity from fat?  Reality just does not work that way.

Defining the problem with photographs sometimes can help.  However, it is impossible to tell from photographs if the deformity is from fat or gland. The dynamic images, of my standard set of images can show a region that compresses differently.  Even clinical examination differentiation can be difficult.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm.  Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat.  Look at this drawing and move your mouse over the arrows.  However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture.  Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline vo_ktm

• Posting Member
Well, I do feel a bit of gland there, maybe the size of a nickel. If I do workout and lose the weight, would it flatten out for sure or would the gland still be quite noticable?

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
Yeah it would flatten some, you have a good bit of fat on you. It would obviously only flatten to a certain degree if you have gland, but there is potential for a good amount of flattening to take place from fat loss.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
Well, I do feel a bit of gland there, maybe the size of a nickel. If I do workout and lose the weight, would it flatten out for sure or would the gland still be quite noticable?

nobody can answer "for sure" how your body will react to losing weight/gaining muscle etc. i would be really surprised if there was no flattening from losing weight, there is only one way for you to find out and that is to do it. getting fit is going to be allot cheaper less painful and more beneficial than surgery at this point.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024