Author Topic: I've got it - I hate it, but would like to know your views...  (Read 3667 times)

Offline londoner

• Posting Member
Yep, I like many others on here have been unfortunate enough to have had this embarrassing condition forced upon us.

As a kid, I was always overweight. Last year I was just over 15 stone. A yearon, I've been going to the gym atleast 3-4 times a week and am watching what I eat too. That said, I'm now about 11.3 stone but as you probably would have predicted the breasts are still prominent.

I tried to get surgery done through NHS - nope.

I tried to get my private health care to cover it - nope.

Apparently its deemed cosmetic surgery. Needless to say, I'm paying for surgery now and will be going under the knife monday week (25th February).

These pictures are here for two reasons.

1. I'd like you to rate my gynecomastia, how severe is it etc?
2. Do you think surgery will make a dramatic improvement?

Lastly, I do smoke cannabis on occasions. I don't smoke it in ridiculous amounts - but I do indulge from time to time.

Would you people advise COMPLETELY cutting it out post surgery? Or is it going to be ok to have a few tokes from time to time?

Any other questions you have for me, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your time.

Londoner.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
It's not that bad. But I can see why you want to get rid of it. I'd rate it 4/10.

I think surgery would be a good option.

Offline Spleen

Not bad, left side might be a touch worse.  My left side was too.  Hitting the gym will make a way bigger impact than surgery.  Get in shape and then re-evaluate.

Offline londoner

• Posting Member
Thanks spleen, appreciate that, but what about the combination of surgery and gym?

I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I can afford surgery. I've also had several consultations, and they have said that going to the gym alone could potentially make it worse, as it will build up muscle behind the gland, making them even more prominent.

I think surgery is the only way for now. After i've recovered i'll be doing a LOT of uppchest work at the gym.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
4/10 I would advise surgery. Weed won't make that worse but it can cause other problems.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I'd quit the weed. Not smoking will help during the surgery and mayt prevent it from coming back. Why go through all the recovery and expense just to have it possibly return? Not worth it IMO.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'd call it a 3, and that's bad enough.  pot can be a factor, i personally wouldn't chance getting it back for almost anything, but for a more qualified opinion the person to talk to would be the endocrinologist who would have a sense of how much it throws your hormones off. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline londoner

• Posting Member
seriously, I'd like to thank all of you for your replies. You've been extremely helpful. I'm hoping AVG is correct when he says I should have good results, my fingers are crossed.

As far as getting my testosterone levels checked, how would I go about doing that?

Offline londoner

• Posting Member
Ok, so would you consider my nipples, as they are now - to be puffy? If so, will that puffyness go after surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024