Author Topic: operation on muscle tissue  (Read 4240 times)

irish lad

hello everyone, i am 19 years old and am from ireland, i have had this problem for a while, i am relatively fit and play sports and am currently studying health and fitness, im not heavy at all im only just under 11 stone and my height is 5ft 11 inches, i always taught i was fat but infact i wasnt it was just my chest made me look heavier than i actually am, i started weights i found this made it worse even though my chest is muscle and theirs not a lot of fat on it, infact when i decided to go for a consultation for this problem the surgeon told me they coudnt operate on me because their was no fat just muscle tissue that was 2 years ago i taught that was the end of finding a solution but only recently i started doing a lot more research and relised it is possiable to operate on muscle tissue.. but ofcourse theirs not a lot of help here in ireland and i am willing to travel preffferably uk! can anyone please recommend me a top surgeon in the uk or ireland or anywhere as this problems really getting me down and i dont feel good about myself at all because with the amount of training and my diet i feel its all going to waste, i just want to start enjoying life again and not feeling self concious the whole time! please any help will be appriciated i have saved up and am willing to start early june when i finish college thank you again!

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
If you have no Gyne, you are asking the wrong people!  Why are you hare if you have no gyne????

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I had surgery a couple of weeks ago, it would help if you can post photos of your problem and I'll be happy to advise you. It wouldn't be muscle tissue that would be removed, breast tissue do you mean?

irish lad

yes breast tissue im not sure really im just going on what i was told but i know i do suffer from this for a fact, i was talking to a surgeon who told me its subtle gyne, and the muscle or breast tissue will have to be sculptured.. i will try and put pictures up within the next week just have to get a lend of camera.. thank you for your help did you suffer from a similar gyne?

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I had suffered since I was 14 with the problem, bloody nightmare, not able to wear what I want, or take my top off in public! I'm 27 now and it took me this long to come to terms with the fact I had the problem. The hardest thing is admitting to yourself and others really (only 1 other person in my life knows I had the surgery), it's emotional. It's good that you're sorting the problem while you're younger, wish I had been in a position to. I had a mixture of breast tissue/fat and gland, I'll be posting before and after photos later today hopefully so check it out. When I saw my before photos that the surgeon took I couldn't believe it was me, looked a lot worse than I thought! I am about the same height as you but 13.5 stone, however I did go down the gym quite a bit so it wasn't all fat. I was 11.5 stone when I was 18/19 and I still had the problem. Please be aware that it's nothing to do with muscle tissue the problem that you have. The pectoral muscle sits behind the gyne and can actually make it look worse if you do weights as the pec pushes the gyne further forward, it's a vicious cycle!

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
I know what you mean about not telling people i had a consultation and booked benito without telling my wife, i told her about a month later because i had to book the flights. I wish you had have posted the dont binge drink post a few days ago Mark cause i was pissed last night! My first real post op drink, i have had a few beers and a few glasses of wine but nothing special but last night i was on the rip! Suppose i will have to stay sober for the next few weeks.

irish lad

thank you you have cleared up a lot of things for me..i will defiently be online later to have a look of pictures and will get camera by the end of next week to show you my condition.. i relised when i was 17 i had the condition instead of always thinkin i was fat i relised it was my chest making me look heavy this was a big reality check for me because i was down busting my ass in the gym doing weights etc until last month where i packed it in but im in a diffucult position because i am currently studying health and fitness hoping to become a fitness instructor! its getting me down a lot the more i learn about it and iim hoping to get into univrsity next september to study futher health and fitness and as you can imagine i really dont need this problem after all who'd take lessons of someone who looks in bad shape.. i also went for a consultation in ireland with the harley medical group 2 years ago but they turned me down saying i didnt have the problem when i clearly did its just their wasnt much fat when i tensed up my chest.. i left it of till now thinking id have to live with it for the rest of my life, having to try on clothes b4 i bought them incase they made me look and feel bad little things like that not going out swimming,beaches with lads constantly making excuses im just fed up of it.. your ucky you had someone to tel this too as i kept it to myself since i discoverd it and without decent people like you helping me i would be on my own im too embarssd to tell my girlfreind or family as i really think they'd laugh at me and convince me im skinny and need to put on weight.. i have been saving for about a year now and in a month or two il have close to 5000 euro which is about 3500 brithish pounds im hoping that will be enough because i dont think i can afford to travel to the states for this.. can u recommend a good uk surgeon who has experience with my gyne? thank you again

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I had surgery with Dr. Benito who is based in Barcelona but does his consultations before and after surgery in London. He is excellent in my opinion and he has carried out many of these procedures, a lot of people on this site have used him aswell successfully. He is also a lot more affordable than others costing no more than £3000, cost includes everything you need including compression vest for after surgery. His patient co-ordinator Aida is very efficient and helpful and they area all very used to guys going over for the surgery from other countries! Flights with easyjet bloody cheap too which is a bonus, get a consultation booked, it's free. www.cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org

irish lad

just had a look their, it sounds very good priced up flights also very good, i have one more consultation in ireland where im hoping they'l go ahead with because it will save me a lot of hassle, but if that doesnt go well im booking a consultation in london with Dr. benito and flying home same day thank you for your help il leave you a measage when i have my pictures up so you can see what you think..

Offline Dub

• Posting Member
Hi

I had the surgery done almost a year ago. Originally I was going to go with Advanced Cosmetic Surgery in Dublin but I'm glad that I went with Dr. Levick in Birmingham in the end. ACS would only have done the liposuction and not dealt with the tissue, so the problem would have remained. Dr Levick does a few of these procedures a week, so knows what he's at. I'll try to get my hands on a digital camera soon and try to post up some pictures from 1 year on. It really feels like such an accomplishment to go swimming with friends

irish lad

hello thanks for your help, i also have consultation with advanced cosmetic surgery cork during march their my last try in ireland but like you said they only offered you lipo and im pretty sure they wont be able to operate on me for the simple fact when i went to the harley medical group in dublin they said my chest was just muscle and they coudnt do lipo cause their was no fat their to get rid of just muscle and breast tissue, so im baiscally going to advanced to be told the same but its worth a try before i look into travillin abroad.. can i ask did you suffer from a similar gyne? and how much did it cost in birmingham? thanks for your help again

Offline davenport19

Muscle is a very specialized tissue that has both the ability to contract and the ability to conduct electrical impulses. Muscles are are classified both functionally as either voluntary or involuntary and structurally as either striated or smooth. From this, there emerges three types of muscles: smooth involuntary (smooth) muscle, striated voluntary (skeletal) muscle and striated involuntary (cardiac) muscle. The names in the brackets are the common names given to the particular classification of muscle. http://www.uoguelph.ca/zoology/devobio/210labs/muscle1.html

Tissue Pack

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024