Author Topic: Where to begin!  (Read 5099 times)

Offline theoretical

Hi everyone,
  I've had a really flabby chest since I was about 14. I'm coming up to 30 now and I think I need to do something about it as it is ruining my life. I'm not massively rich but I'm looking at getting surgery soon. My only real problem is where to begin!

My budget is around £3,000 and I'm in the UK. Can someone with experience of this give me some pointers? I saw that a company called Beauty In Prague do the job for a relatively little amount of money. Has anyone had any experience of this? Ideally (because of work commitments...I can work from home, but not "on the road" so to speak) I'd like to travel to wherever in the morning, have the operation, stay overnight and then come back to Britain the following morning. Can this be done? Or do I need a long stay abroad? Can I get it done in Britain for that money? I'm guessing not!

Any advice would be appreciated. I have to do something about this now. :(

(Reposted in UK forum...)

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Hi, I had surgery in February with Dr. Benito in Barcelona. I would strongly recommend him and he has a good reputation on this site too with many of these procedures carried out. It is a free consultation initially in Harley Street, London, then surgery in Barcelona. You can just stay for one night but I would really stay for 2 to be safe. You'll need to face facts that you'll have to take at least a week off work after too. www.cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org. I think the cost now is £2700 (cost includes everything, incl. 2 nights in hospital and very good aftercare), then cheap flights with easyjet. Hope this helps.

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
i believe poland was a good option once, but i'm starting to hear bad things.
It may also depend on how bad it is. Do you have gyne or is it only fat (the reason i ask is you just said it was flabby)
If its gyne, then some places offering lipo only won't do you much good, but if its fat then these will be fine.
You could also try the nhs, myself and a few others have had good experiences. Some haven't, but then again, some people have had bad experiences going private.  
It wouldn't hurt to make an appointment at your doctors anyway whilst your looking at viable private options, you may hit lucky and be able to save a few quid.  

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Is it just fat that you have or gland too? Usually there is both but you did only mention a flabby chest which may not actually be gynecomastia as such as this relates to glandular tissue. All this means is that if it is just fat, you may only need lipo which could be slightly cheaper, although I am guessing as most of the costs involved include anesthetist, operating room fees etc. I would go and see a couple of surgeons initially who will give you honest answers and explain what type of procedures you will need. I would recommend Karidis in London www.nipntuck.co.uk or Benito who is based in Barcelona but does consultation in Harley Street, London www.cosmeticsurgeryabrouad.org . Personally I went with Karidis and so far, have been very impressed with my results, although I am only just over a week post op so still a long way to go! By all accounts, Benito seems to be the cheaper of the two but at the end of the day, if you have consultations with both, you can make your own mind up.

You can see my diary here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13273.0

Hope this helps.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

irish lad

id also reckon benito with your budget be sure to ring up and get a consultation for april otherwise you'l be waiting another month as he comes over to london once a month.. i got my consultation 25th april.. iv yet to hear of anyone who had a bad experince with benito..

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Try Benito he's in your price range and has a great reputation.

You won't be disapointed with the hospital in Spain I even have pictures of the room if you would like to see just how good it was
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
I went with Dr. Benito as well. Can't complain at all.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Surgery booked with Benito - Weds 4th June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant believe it yet!!!!!!!!!! Im very fortunate that I told my wife, but also my parents. They have been so understanding its unbelievable. My dad has even offered to come out to Barecelona with me!!!!! Ill keep u all posted as to how it goes!!!!!!!

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
nice one! Hope everything goes as well as expected. Dont forget to come back after and let everyone know about it :)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
I will def keep my experience logged on here because without this site I would not be in the position i am in now!! A big thanks to all those who have posted their experiences - invaluable!!!! Especially thanks to Jim, Another case, outer trail, bob and everyone else!!!!

Offline outertrial

I will def keep my experience logged on here because without this site I would not be in the position i am in now!! A big thanks to all those who have posted their experiences - invaluable!!!! Especially thanks to Jim, Another case, outer trail, bob and everyone else!!!!

We're here to help - let us know how you get on.  ;)

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Mate, swings and round abouts. We're all here to help each other out, like mwalker said. Let us know how things go.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024