Author Topic: May Help Others Agree to the Op  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Dan08

• Posting Member
Just a Quick post to all those who are 'iffy' about surgery as i was..

I had a Bad case of gyne as i had both lipo and insision..

Alot of people told me that the post surgery is harder than the op itself..

I would just like to say wot a load of 'Boll*cks'..

Yes its was hard for a week or so but after 3weeks i was back into my manual 8hr a day job no probs..

The only hard thing is staying away from the gym even tho i feel i could do that now!

You just have to take it easy for a few weeks as you would expect .. but dont feel sorry for yourself after that, try and get bak into everyday life as soon as you feel ready and time fly's by much quicker!! .. im 4 weeks post op and my chest looks perrrfect!! Il get before & after piks asap.. Gd Luk 2 anyone goin frew with surgery .. its a doddle ;)

GynO_DuDe

Glad you had a wicked recovery .... mine was an absolute mess for the first month but after that I was back at the gym and everything.

Thing is, its down to each individuals healing process ...

I would advise you not to 'laze' around though and make the effort. Thats how you'll recover quicker.

irish lad

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I agree with this. I am 10 days post op and I am back in my normal routine. I have even been back to the gym the last two days but just to do some cardio work on the stationary bike to help keep those extra lb's off! I plan to be back doing some light weights a week on Monday which will effectively be 20 days post op, and then gradually work the weight up.

Congrats with your surgery and recovery!
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
I had a quick recovery too, but it is worth remembering that everyone is different & it will depend on the surgeon as well. I don't think it does any harm to warn people that recovery may be difficult.

Offline boredofthisnow

• Posting Member
Im glad you are happy Dan but there might be worse to come, many ppl are happy with results early on then scar tissue builds up and takes a few months to settle down, I hope you are lucky enough not to have this but if ppl want a realistic view they should be aware it can take a while to be happy with results in some cases

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
Dan

You sound like a total c*nt.Many people have very hard recoverys,i could not have gone to the gym in the first 2 months,no way....read Hustlers experience too.

Anyway,can't be arsed to waste any more time here, on your crap thread...

i would say theres two sides to this, your both right really.

some people have it tough, some people have it easy.

personally, i had a bad one, had an infection and had to go down a second time. but at the same time, i was in little pain regardless, and i was more uncomfortable than anything else.
I think what the OP is trying to point out is that you shouldnt be scared of the post op part. I know i was and i was scouring through these forums looking for info on the sort of pain id be in. now i look back, i realise my worries were for nothing :)

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Dan

You sound like a total c*nt.Many people have very hard recoverys,i could not have gone to the gym in the first 2 months,no way....read Hustlers experience too.

Anyway,can't be arsed to waste any more time here, on your crap thread...

i would say theres two sides to this, your both right really.

some people have it tough, some people have it easy.

personally, i had a bad one, had an infection and had to go down a second time. but at the same time, i was in little pain regardless, and i was more uncomfortable than anything else.
I think what the OP is trying to point out is that you shouldnt be scared of the post op part. I know i was and i was scouring through these forums looking for info on the sort of pain id be in. now i look back, i realise my worries were for nothing :)

I tend to agree. I have to say that in my case I was feeling very good about myself as soon as 1 week after surgery and my chest and nips were looking perfect. However, as warned by a few people on here, I have new tenderness in my chest and the nips are changing appearance on a daily basis! The point is I suppose that everyone is different and recovery times vary greatly. I thought I would be back to normal by now, such was the speed of my recovery, but as many have already experienced, things change with time and I can see that it may take the full 3 months to reach somehing like the end result as advised by my surgeon. I for one will think a bit harder before making premature analysis of my recovery!  ;)

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Ross you are being abit hard lol, but i know its annoying when you see some people talking how they are great after a few weeks. When you look at these peoples pics their Gyne is tiny and to be honest if it was me i wouldn't bother with surgery. Blues results are great and he had significant Gyne and Karidis has done a great job, mine was quite big type 3 whatever that means, I'm almost 7 weeks post op and getting back to normal i still have swelling and a few creases but that will go and I'm back training heavy in the gym. People with severe gyne who had major excision have to be patient its no comfort but it takes awhile. I wish i had a mild case of puffy nipples but i didn't lol

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I am sure you will see more improvements once you get your training on course. Train hard and good luck!

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I took the compression vest off a few days ago, about 6 weeks after surgery and I have lots of scar tissue that's developed now. I had my 6 weekly review with Dr. Benito and he said it's very normal and it does take time. He says at 6 months post surgery it should be mostly normal looking and the scar tissue should all have gone. I'm very happy overall as I can see such a major difference but it is frustrating as it definitely gets worse before it gets better when you have a slightly more severe case. As you say Darren a lot of the people on this site just have a minor problem that's hardly noticeable. When your condition is slightly more severe the trauma your insides suffer during surgery is far worse and it obviously takes longer to heal with more scar tissue developing! At least I can train normally otherwise I would go mad.

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
How you keeping Mark? I seen Benito last week, i'm healing well and i'm really starting to know a difference and enjoying wearing vest tops and t-shirts lol. i went outside today wearing a vest something i would have only dreamed a few months ago. i have a crease on each nipple but i think that will go when the swelling goes.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
BKKROSS, I hear what you are saying and I feel for you having had a particularly bad case of gyne to start with, but I think it is a touch unfair to dis the fellow forum members who only have 'mild' gyne. Yes I know that some who come on here don't really have any gyne at all, but for those who have any amount of it, no matter how small, can suffer with negative psychological effects and so surgery can ease this mental scarring no end regardless of the severity. I would have classed my own case as moderate but others may have classed it as very mild compared to yours for example. However it has been a burden of mine since my early teens and no amount of 'blood, sweat and tears' training ever shifted it. At one point in my early 20's I got down to around 15% body fat (very low for me!) and to be honest the gyne looked worse and far more obvious.

I know you have been a bit upset by some of the comments made on this thread but just thought I could put my points accross regarding those who have milder cases than yourself. I do agree with you though that those individuals with milder gyne are generally associated with quicker recovery times and less complications, however this is not nexessarily always the case!

Glad you are now well on the road to full recovery and keep the training up!!  ;)

Offline kingboob

BKKROSS, I hear what you are saying and I feel for you having had a particularly bad case of gyne to start with, but I think it is a touch unfair to dis the fellow forum members who only have 'mild' gyne. Yes I know that some who come on here don't really have any gyne at all, but for those who have any amount of it, no matter how small, can suffer with negative psychological effects and so surgery can ease this mental scarring no end regardless of the severity. I would have classed my own case as moderate but others may have classed it as very mild compared to yours for example. However it has been a burden of mine since my early teens and no amount of 'blood, sweat and tears' training ever shifted it. At one point in my early 20's I got down to around 15% body fat (very low for me!) and to be honest the gyne looked worse and far more obvious.

I know you have been a bit upset by some of the comments made on this thread but just thought I could put my points accross regarding those who have milder cases than yourself. I do agree with you though that those individuals with milder gyne are generally associated with quicker recovery times and less complications, however this is not nexessarily always the case!

Glad you are now well on the road to full recovery and keep the training up!!  ;)

I think this thread just goes to show how much results and healing varies person to person.

I had much more major surgery than you guys had; what with having full blown breasts removed at the same time as a body lift, yet 6 weeks later I was / am back to normal. 
 I think age, health status and luck of the draw has a LOT to do with it.

On the other hand I can agree with what Ross is saying, some people on here do not even have gyne  (IMO) and they have very, very minor surgery and are back at the gym a week later; telling others recovery is easy!

Also, again IMO based on his pictures BKRoss has what I consider to be a moderate case... nothing to get excited about, yet we can all see by his diary he has been very unlucky with the healing process; I'm not surprised he seems a bit p*ssed off with all us guys boasting about how wonderful life is post-op!  :D

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Darren, things are going well overall, but the scar tissue is quite significant at the moment, bigger on left side than on right but Benito said he was more aggressive with the left side as it was worse to start with which makes sense! When I had the compression vest on it was obviously helping to flatten the scar tissue down too so it was a bit of a surprise when I took it off and after a couple of hours I had serious bumps, mainly under the nipples (obviously where the tougher gland was)! I've sort of got a prickly feeling in the chest similar to pins and needles now and again but apparently that's just part of the healing as there is poor circulation due to the scar tissue. As you say the heavy gym sessions aren't a problem however and the more cardio work I do the better it seems to be looking as it obviously increases the blood flow/circulation which helps the healing luckily! I'm so pleased that I had the surgery, it's already made such a difference to quality of life. Know what you mean about the wardrobe situation, I went out and bought all new stuff that I'd have never had the guts to wear before without feeling self-conscious. As for your creases, all they are is the normal tissue sitting next to the scar tissue, I have them too and they'll go over the next few months. Still only been about 7 weeks after surgery, not long really considering what our bodies have gone through!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024