Author Topic: Dr Baxt (New Jersey USA): Scarless Cutting-Cannula Technique  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
This surgeon charges about $5000 (£2600) and removes both fat and gland with a special powered cannula with a spinning cutter on the tip.   I believe Mr Levick in Birmingham, UK uses this technique but charges £4000.   Dr Benito (Spain, £2700) and Dr Poomee (Thailand, £1600) ... I don't know if they have this equipment.

It's great for guys like myself with gland which would otherwise have to be removed through a peri-areolar incision.   A bonus is that he goes in via an armpit incision so there are no scars visible from the front.   He also uses sedation with local anaesthesia, so no general anaesthetic is required.   I am strongly considering this route.   Any other takers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Vw6K4tUTw
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:52:47 AM by Trevor2522 »

Offline kingboob

$5000 works out as 2550 pounds according to xe.com, then how much do flights there and back cost? Along with somewhere to stay for a few days while you are there??

Sedation with local anaesthesia sounds a bit scary as well, a few people on these boards have had revisions under local and said it wasn't a very nice experience........ add that to the fact local is usually cheaper than general anyway.... the price doesn't start to look as attractive..

Are revisions free if the results are not up to your & the surgeons standards like they would be in this country?

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Dr Baxt's site : http://www.cosmedical.com/bcm-gynecomastia.htm

His reply : The $5,000 covers the use of the surgicenter and recovery room, and the visits and the board certified anesthesia. As you probably know, we are one of the very few offering the "Scarless" approach. looking forward to meeting you.
Sherwood Baxt MD     201 265 1300     www.Cosmedical.com

Ross : I've emailed Poomee to ask if he has the same equipment as Baxt but he hasn't replied.   Guess he just uses conventional lipo which does not remove the 'rock-hard' gland that Baxt does with his cutting cannula.   So my case is different from your 'fat only' gyno, much as I'd prefer your Thai venue -- but I'm trying to avoid the glandular excision via the areola which leaves a scar and can cause cratering.   To my mind a cutting lipo cannula is ideal.   Try suggesting that to the NHS quacks here ... they've never even heard of it!

You were quoting a forex trader's dollar rate; have to take about 4 or 5 cents off that for real-world conversions.   I would use my Nationwide debit card as they don't add a forex commission like the main UK banks; cheaper ATM withdrawals worldwide too.   'Tourist' cash rates ex-UK (www.xe.com) are very poor by comparison.   I posted here in the U.K. section to see if there had been any British customers; all the comments in the US section appeared to be from Yanks.

I'll ask him about 'free' revision surgery but I would rather choose my surgeon and technique very carefully first than have to fly back for a repeat!   BTW his gaff is only 13 miles north-west of Manhattan, so it's pretty convenient for cheap flights to NYC.   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:33:29 AM by Trevor2522 »

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I would be very cautious with this technique as it seems to have really very mixed results judging by the posts on this board about revisions being needed and seems to be far more traumatic to the surrounding tissues meaning results take 1-2 years due to all swelling and response to the surgery.

I have seen photos of work done by Karidis and you can not notice the scar at all it is so tiny about 5mm. 

I think this technique has also had some people withy craters and skin sticking to muscle,  I suppose there are pros and cons of each method though

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
I believe some other UK surgeons, such as Karidis leaves no visible or minimal scarring. Is there any other UK surgeons known to keep scarring at a minimum?

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Sorry I made a typographical error on the dollar exchange rate above (now corrected).   Dr Baxt's surgery is not really 'scarless' as there is a conventional lipo puncture hole underneath the lower breast crease; it is not done via the armpit as I had thought.   Dr Benito may have the cutting cannula; his reply was ambiguous.   Dr Poomee in Bangkok has not replied about the cannula, so I'll assume he doesn't have the latest equipment; no surprise there ... so it means a dodgy glandular excision via the areola, with possible cratering if insufficient fatty tissue remains to bulk-out the breast.   So, a cost breakdown:

Mr Levick, Birmingham, Ripoff-UK    £4000
Dr Baxt, New Jersey, USA             £3050, including £450 flight
Dr Benito, Barcelona, Spain           £2800, including £100 flight   
Dr Poomee, Bangkok, Thailand       £2575, including £650 flight; total includes an extra £325 for glandular excision on top of basic lipo fee

The fact that Dr Benito offers free consultations in London (+34 606 95 33 31), unlike his greedy -- and mostly incompetent -- British counterparts charging £150, means I shall probably go with him.   The genial Dr Baxt would be an automatic choice if I lived in Eastern Septicland, but I don't.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024