Author Topic: Time frame for final results ??  (Read 3773 times)

Offline bkkross

• Posting Member
I know this has all been discussed on various threads and i don't mean to spam up the board but how long was it before you saw your full and final result (lipo only or lipo + gland) ?

The general rule of thumb for lipo only is six months.I hope that is the case as i'm 4 months in (lipo only 250mm both sides)and while there is a significant improvement i will be very upset if my current situation is the final result.The next 2 months are massive for me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:29:12 AM by bkkross »

Offline kingboob

Are you aware you asked a question and then basically answered it at the same time?  ???

Anyhow, I was told a year for final results..... then again I am having a revision after only a couple of months, different situation maybe?   Not sure if I had lipo to the chest or if he just cut em off?

Offline outertrial

Around a year, though if you have scarring then the tissue can keep improving indefinitely.

Offline outertrial

Search for  Orribles' thread, he was very unhappy with his Levick op for 11 months and 2 weeks and then it all came good suddenly. Different types of scar tissue evolves differently. A common kind (hypertrophic) is at its worst about 6 months after the injury and then should improve gradually after that.

You had lipo only, without excision, anecdotally on this site many people who have this type of procedure are unhappy with their results but that doesnt necessarily mean that there arent success stories.

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I'm about 2 and a half months in and I still have quite a lot of scar tissue and some pain if I lie in a dodgy position when I'm asleep. I had gland and lipo removal, 500cc from each side apparently. Dr. Benito reckoned after about 6 months the scar tissue/pain should have gone and I'll pretty much have my final result. Between 6 months and a year he said there will be improvement but it will be more minimal.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
bkkross I am only slightly further on than you but my chest continues to improve. On the scar tissue front I like the sound of this Kenalog it seems to have good reviews across the boards and does not require any surgery. A friend had it injected for another reason in her foot and it worked fantastically after only 2 shots.

Everyone tells me 12 months for the final result and before having revision. But I have to say if I could have had it revised at 3 months I would have done but only on the one side.

With the changes I have seen recently I'm glad revision wasn't an option. It has got better. One of the surgeons wrote a really good post on the subject of scar tissue and he answered some of my questions.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline kingboob

Boob

No i never,i said the rule of thumb was six months, i then proceded to ask what the time frame was for the individual who had surgery reading the post.

Anyway,why are you having revision so soon? Don't want to give it more time?

No I don't need to give it more time, patience is not my strongest point anyways....

I had a lot of loose skin from weight loss, so I had all that cut off at the same time as the boob reduction, but as I keep telling my surgeon he chickened out and didn't take all of it off  :D , his words being 'we didn't think we would get you back together again' LOL.... so now I am having a bit more sliced off, minor revision basically........... still I am extremely happy with my results so far though, I was expecting more than 1 surgery anyway, I had a very, very extreme case.

My only complaint is having to wait another 4 weeks for revision, had my surgery on the 9th april,  but I couldn't get in for revision till 28th of may...... having said that I only removed the last of my stitches today...

I think SO much varies person to person.... I recover / heal fast and I don't really seem to have any scar tissue, maybe a bit of swelling on my stomach but nothing like the pain or complications other people complain about after cosmetic surgery, perhaps I am just lucky...................................... certainly I am finding it hard to understand people on the forum saying it takes 1+year to heal, I'm back at the gym already, no issues apart from loss of fitness!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024