Author Topic: Anyone know how much Dr. Jacobs in NY charges?  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Seraphim

I heard he is around 6k-8k---is this true?

Offline Seraphim

also, I am about 20 pounds overweight right now---5'11 200 lbs. I want to try and get down to 160-165. Should I slim down before I decide to get surgery? or will surgery remove all of the chest fat completely?

meaning what I dont want to happen is that since I am overweight I get surgery done and there is fat there that the doctor says will burn off, but after exercise it nevers leaves. Is this even possible?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It's always better to get your weight down to ideal body weight, in general or before surgery.  In the gynecomastia situation, since you're about 20 pounds overweight, the surgeon would need to leave a little fat in the chest so your chest would be balanced with the rest of your trunk.  Certainly any glandular tissue that is present should be removed, but I'm typically not as aggressive with liposuction of the chest in a man who is overweight.  If you get closer to your ideal weight, it would be easier to contour your chest with liposuction and know how much fat to take out.

I hope this answers your question.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
It depends on what he needs to do for you. It's usually $7-8k.

Offline Seraphim

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14054.msg98116#msg98116 date=1210552312]
It's always better to get your weight down to ideal body weight, in general or before surgery.  In the gynecomastia situation, since you're about 20 pounds overweight, the surgeon would need to leave a little fat in the chest so your chest would be balanced with the rest of your trunk.  Certainly any glandular tissue that is present should be removed, but I'm typically not as aggressive with liposuction of the chest in a man who is overweight.  If you get closer to your ideal weight, it would be easier to contour your chest with liposuction and know how much fat to take out.

I hope this answers your question.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

thanks for the info.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My fees range from $4500 up to $8400 for very severe cases.  The average fee is $7000.

However, I think your decision should not be based on fee alone.   Fees will vary widely amongst various surgeons.  Talent, skill, judgement, experience and technique also vary significantly between surgeons.  I have often seen patients choose the least expensive surgeon, only to end up with fair, poor or terrible results.  Then, they consult with me and pay additionally to correct the problem -- and sometimes it is permanent and cannot be corrected. 

Please accept some words of wisdom:  when it comes to surgery, like many things in life, you do get what you pay for!  My best suggestion is to visit several doctors and choose the one with whom you feel most comfortable and confident.  The fee, while important, should be the least of your considerations. Remember, you will enjoy and appreciate the results of your procedure long after the fee is forgotten.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
My fee with Jacobs was $7900.  My case was, in my estimation, severe.

I am very pleased with him and his staff and would use him again.

I chose him mainly based on references and experience.

I PMd many users on this board, and all were pleased with his work.  Also, he does a greater percentage of G surgery than any doctor in the NYC area that I looked into.

Good Luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024