Author Topic: {6@9}  (Read 4449 times)

Offline drogen

• Posting Member
Hi there i'd just like to start this off by saying thanks to all the people on these message boards as i have learnt so much from you and it really has been a great help. I've been a long time sufferer of gyno and also i've been a long time lurker on these message boards trying to learn as much valubale info as i can about my condition, im a  17 year old from the uk who's now finaly a week post op; i had lipo and excision with Dr Benito in Barcelona and overall it was a great experiance and i'm very happy with the results. Now i'm back and i'm looking to lose some wieght and tone up a bit but with all the info out there its kinda hard to know where to start , just so you know  i'm about 14stone and around 5ft 10.

I found this bit of info earlier which i'll copy and paste now and was wondering if it was a good routine or not to follow and wanted your advice/opinions:

Getting rid of fat in general, building lean muscle, and defining your physique is 60% diet, 30% exercise, and 10% mental thought. You must eat the right foods, exercise more often than you don't, burn more calories than you consume, think and speak positively about yourself, try making life as stress free as possible, and get rest so that your body can repair itself.

Portion control is the key to reaching your goal. You don't want to over-eat. A portion should be the size of your fist. Meals should consist of one portion of carbohydrates and protein, and a portion of fat (is: a handful).

Carbohydrates: Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Mangos, Pineapple, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Corn, Steel Cut Oatmeal, Whole "Grain" Bread.

Protein: Egg Whites, Salmon, Tuna, Halibut, Chicken Breast, Lean Ground Turkey, Turkey Breast, Protein Powder, Protein Bars (Power Crunch Bar, Cliff Builder Bar) You don't want a high calorie, high fat, high sugar bar. The two I listed are good ones, and they taste great too!

Fat: Organic Peanut Butter, "Raw" Almonds or Walnuts, Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. (Only consume a handful of nuts, with your breakfast, lunch, and dinner.) Fats help with digestion.

You want to have 4-5 small meals per day. 2-3 hours apart. You will never go hungry and your metabolism will not slow down. Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. If possible get 8 hours of sleep, this plays a major role in losing belly fat.

Meal Planning: (Preparation is key.)

Meal 1: Protein, Carbohydrate, Fat (1 bottle of WATER)
Meal 2: Protein shake or bar (A glass of WATER)
Meal 3: Protein, Carbohydrate, Fat (1 bottle of WATER)
Meal 4: Protein shake or bar (A glass of WATER)
Meal 5: Protein, Carbohydrate, Fat (1 bottle of WATER)

Drink half of your weight (or more) in oz. of water per day.
(ex: 120lbs = drink 60oz. of water per day-or more.)

Exercise: (Arrange this plan to fit your schedule).

Mon- light weights upper body, 30-60 min cardio, and abs
Tue- cardio 60 minutes (power walk, run, elliptical, etc.)
Wed- light weights lower body, 20-30 min cardio, and abs
Thu- cardio 60 minutes (power walk, run, elliptical, etc.)
Fri- light weights upper body, 30-60 min cardio, and abs
Sat- cardio 60 minutes (power walk, run, elliptical, etc.)

It’s important to sign up to a gym, perhaps get a workout partner/personal trainer it offers motivation.

Offline veeter00

This is great information. Its the first thing I can finally wrap my head around.  There are so many different conflicting diet&exercise suggestions for gynecomastia. I have already been doing something similar to this workout but this makes me feel like I really have a plan now. Thanks a lot for posting this.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Don't forget weight lifting.  Muscle burns more calories than fat, so if you can increase your muscle mass, you can increase your metabolism.  Plus, you'll look and feel better.

Banobo

Weight training and a goal to lose weight isn't that hard, i'll add to some of your ideas, Keep you intake lower than however much you burn, if you wanna lose a pound or 2 per week, reduce 500 calories each day. You have to watch with carbs because too many carbs and you spike your insulin levels. if this happens your body will store excess carbs as fat, regardless of calorie intake. A lot of fruit and veg is good for you but at the right times. Most berries are low in carbs, (suger)! Apples, banana's pears etc etc are all good healthy foods but should be taken early in the day as an energy source or example and apple before training. Keep your protein levels up, lots of tuna, most fishes and chicken, turkey lean pork etc etc. I'll add to this when i have time but

I think you's should regester with FITDAY look it up and it'll be good for daily calorie, protein, carbs and fat levels in what you eat day to day plus nutrition in your food. I'e been doing this for s while now and saves me writing everything down and doing a calorie count. it does it for you. Give it time, once your used to it you'll be able to fillit in each day in minutes.

Good luck in your quest for fitness guys, I've been training to get cut, show my abs more and be in top form for post op, it's been a week since op and i'm itching to get gyming it again. Anyway i think i'm talking to much lol. take it easy all.

Banobo

More info... Here's a list of low carb foods, Reducing carbs is the key to shedding pounds, so long as you keep proteins up. Another thing complex carbs are a good source of energy, like wholemeal pasta or rice. Not too much though, they are slow burning carbs and keep a constant supply or boosting power without spiking as i mentioned before.

Meat

Beef (all kinds)

Pork (all kinds)

Poultry (all kinds)

Wild game (all kinds)

Fish (all kinds)

Shellfish (all except imitation crab meat)

Deli Meat (watch labels - nitrate free is preferable)

Fresh Fruits and Veggies

Cauliflower

Green Beans

Artichokes

Spinach

Asparagus

Jicama

Broccoli

Yellow Squash

Zucchini

Okra

Spaghetti Squash

Onions

Green, Red, Yellow and Orange Bell peppers

Tomatoes (go easy on these as a general rule)

Cucumbers

Bean Sprouts

Brussel Sprouts

Radishes

Celery

Mushrooms

Lettuce

Bok Choy

Cabbage

Greens

Peppers (jalapeño, etc.)

Leeks

Snow Peas

Turnips

Eggplant

Tofu

Pumpkin

Raspberries

Strawberries

Blueberries

Blackberries

Cantaloupe

Lemons

Limes

Dairy ( Don't over do it with these)

Heavy Whipping Cream

Half & Half

Sour Cream

Cottage Cheese

All hard and soft cheeses

Eggs (why is this considered dairy again?)

real butter

cream cheese

Other Items

*NOTE: Some (not all) of these items MAY cause stalls, so use wisely!

Sugar Free Jell-O

Sugar Free Pudding Mix

Diet Hot Cocoa (read labels)

Coffee

Tea

Water

Diet Soda

Crystal Light (mix is better than pre-made)

Kellogg K2o Protein Water Mix (again, avoid the pre-made)

Sugar Free Kool-Aide

Low-Carb Breads (read labels)

Low-Carb tortillas (read labels)

Sugar Free Chocolates (like ChocoPerfection )

Flax Seed

Nuts

Nut flours

Pork Rinds

Low-Carb shakes and bars

Vital Wheat Gluten

Guar or Xanthium Gum

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil

Stevia

Protein Powders

Splenda

Fiber Fit

True Lemon/Lime/Orange

Davinci or Torani Sugar Free Syrups

Offline anon85

• Posting Member
Banobo,

I was just wondering why you excluded imitation crab meat from your good proteins.

Banobo

Hiya anon

Most imitation crab meat tend to be high ish in carbs mate. Better to buy real crab meat if your sticking to a healthy low carb diet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024