Author Topic: compression vest  (Read 4038 times)

Offline GYNO KID

• Posting Member
Hi guys had my surgery on the 14/04/05 on the nhs only gland excision they don't do lipo on nhs my gyn was moderate/severe.  Since i had the drains taken out 3 days afetr opp have had fliud built up, rhs drained 5 times and lhs 3 times.   My rhs is not swallon or briused has some scar tissue which feels like a plastic pipe on outer side of chest the skin feels loose especially if i lean forward it hangs down a little.  The lfh has alot of sweeling well i hope so as its same size as before surgery but the nipple is not puffy has shrunk in size.  

My question is the doc did not provide me with compression vest or put on any type of bandage for compression on my chest after opp do you think its a bit to late now to use a compression vest

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
It's not too late, its always good to wear a compression vest even quite some time after the op..Im 2 months post op, and still wearing mine...

On a side note, I have an underworks medium compression vest for sale, size medium, unopened, still in sealed package.....If intersted, drop me a pm.!

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
Yorkshireman,

Im 2 months post op also. Do you wear your now at night only and how long do we have to wear them for?

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Im still wearing mine more or less 24/7, but thats more because Ive put on a bit of weight and have develeoped a bit of a belly ...the vest keeps the belly in!

Im prob going to make it nights only, but I think 2 /3 weeks in the gym is needed first!

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
By the way re your swelling, relax, mine was terrible (bigger than the gyne)...my rhs was very badly swollen and I was REALLY worried that it wouldnt go down...

It took about 6 weeks to go down, and even now there is still a bit...

I used a cream called LASONIL...its available from any chemist, its an anti swelling/bruising cream, works a treat, but you may wish to consult your doc before suing, or maybe not, depends on how you look at these things I guess....worked for me and others on this board, and the pharmacist said it was perfectly safe to use...

Hope this helps.

Offline GYNO KID

• Posting Member
Thanks yorkshireman would never get in to medium have been using my home made vest which i have been wearing now for 3/4 days.  Had my 4 weeks pre-op today so took it off before i went chest was flat still had some fluid though.  Have ordered a large from ebay should be here any day.

Offline alan

can  anyone  tell me where  i  can  buy a compression vest from in london  ie details  ie  numbers  etc

I  am  a  44  inc  chest  and  would  consider a  second  one

alan
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 11:39:59 AM by alan »

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
gyno kid u said u had lipo dissolve in one of yr posts where did u have it from,  u got any details u can give to me on it like where u got it done from etc. costs etc.
cheers
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline Doug800

• Posting Member
  • Gone Scottish NHS 15.06.05
Alan,

http://www.underworks.com/

Try this place for a vest.

I got mine from e-bay for a tenner delivered.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024