Author Topic: recovery begins  (Read 2052 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
So, I am now nearly 3 days post op and here is my account.

Tuesday evening : Leave for Barcelona, didnt want to go Weds morning just in case there were delays. Stayed in a hotel in the business district about 5km from the airport. Be aware, if you are not being picked up by transfer, go wih one of the yellow cabs. We had a guy saying "taxi" outside the airport who wanted to charge us 50 euros. We took a real cab instead that cost us 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hotel was fine, had breakfast at 7am as this was the cut off point for food and liquid.

Went to hospital at 10am. Left our bags there and went for a walk round Nou Campe as only 5 mins walk away. Came back at 11.30 to meet Aida, Dr Benito's admin. She is great. She took me to have bloods done, then signed us in hospital and took me to my room. The hospital is modern and extremely well run. The nurses do not speak alot of English but are very helpful and always wanting to help to make sure you are comfortable.

I had to sign some paperwork, then made my payment. Around 2.30 Dr Benito came in to say hello, take pictures and draw marks on my chest, made me look like a dart board. He said surgery would be around 6 as the hospital was very busy.
Nurse came in at 3 and gave me some diazipan. That helped alot!!!!!!!!!!!!! Half hour later, and feeling very relaxed and a bit out of it, I was wheeled down the basements where the surgery rooms are. After talking nonsense to the nurse I went in, they said just have a little oxygen to calm you down, 2 breaths later and I was out for the count.

What seemed like a minute was actually about an hour/hour and half and I was in recovery room. Feeling still a bit out of it. I was wheeled up to my room where my dad was waiting, very nice to see a familiar face. If I can give anyone advice it would be to go with someone, as to have that company was invaluable.

I had a little food later but felt a bit sick due to anesthesia. Not much sleep that night as nurses constantly coming in checking pressure and temperature and asking if i needed pee pee. FOr the life of me I could not pee in the bottle they gave me, so I bagged up my drains and drips and wheeled them to the toilet where I managed to pee. To be honest, the pain was quite bad but had only been 6/7 hours after surgery.

Next day Benito came to see me, took bandages off and let me have a quick look. Right side superb left side a bit concave. Benito said he had got everything out, but had to be alot more severe on left side as there was more fat and it was quite hard to break down, hence the concaveness. He said I will just have to be very patient with recovery and it will be slower for left side than right. It was at this point he put the vest on.

Benito came to see me one more time before I left on the Friday. He told me I could shower when I got home, he gave me some cream and told me to keep moving my arms to prevent skin attaching to muscle. I arranged with Aida to see Benito again on the 27th June in London.

Friday morning came, got dressed and off I went to the airport. Flight home was fine apart from hour delay, although easy jet were very good.

So, here I am, at home. After taking off vest for shower was a little shocked to see all the bruising but this should go within couple of weeks, Benito said I should be able to do light exircise /swimming in 2 weeks. But for first week just do nothing apart from cream and arm movements.

Yes it is sore, bruised and not really nice to look at, however, even in the state I am in now I feel more confident  about the way i look. All in all it was certainly an experience, I would def reccomend the procedure with Dr Benito as they are very professional, and very skilled, Aida was great, as were the staff at the hospital. Now I wait for the next few months of recovery. If it is anything like it is now I will be pleased (as long as the concaveness fills up).

I have 2.5 weeks of work from now so shhould be feeling much better by then. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Thanks to all on here for support, and if anyone is thinking about surgery and want to ask anything then just do so.

Cheers guys.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024