Author Topic: 19 Year Old, 185lbs, 5'11", Please rate condition  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
Hello, my stats are as subject states.  I have had this condition for about seven years now and they were a lot worse.  About one year ago I weighed 210lbs.  I have exercised a lot since then; three months into my exercise I have noticed a dramatic decrease in their size but none for the previous nine months in which the exercises became much more intense.  My exercise is mostly cardio; I run four times a week for about 2-3 miles and in between I do 100+ push-ups on break days in three sets(40-30-30).

This condition has long affected my personality in that it made me more isolated than I should have been.  For example, I have not been to the beach since I was a baby.  I do not go swimming... ever.  Getting the courage to run in public with this condition was very difficult.  I had to convince myself that it was to make progress towards getting rid of them and that it would ultimately pay off. 

My doctor stated that my blood test for testosterone and other things yielded nothing abnormal.  My testosterone ratio or something was  two points below or within the 92 percentile of the population.  I asked if enough exercise could get rid of them and he said to come back when I'm 170lbs. 

I have browsed the discussion board for a while now and have seen people with far worse gyne than I and made much less fuss about it.  That either proves their great mental strength or my lack of it, or a combination of the two.  Anyways, please provide feedback on the degree of my condition and what you would do in my place or recommend for me.  Thanks.

These pictures have been taken a few minutes ago before I'm about to sleep.  I was feeling some hunger before I took those pics.  I mention that because I have noticed that whenever I stuff myself, the size of my breasts increase too.  Conversely, whenever I wake up from a regular sleep, I notice that they shrink.

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
I dont think it looks that bad at all. In fact i dont think i would even waste my time unless it really causes you mental stress. 

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Your condition is very similar to how mine was...I really don't think its that bad.  Obviously there is some mild gyne there, but not enough to warrant never going to beach and never swimming. Thats just crazy. Don't let this destroy your life.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
Your condition is very similar to how mine was...I really don't think its that bad.  Obviously there is some mild gyne there, but not enough to warrant never going to beach and never swimming. Thats just crazy. Don't let this destroy your life.

Thanks for the replies.  The Gorn, you said my condition is similar to how yours was.  What did you do to change that?

I consider myself to be a very mentally strong person in all fields except this.  Perhaps I am just overly self conscious, but that's something that I could not change with mental strength alone. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Nakamura...

Have you ever been teased because of your G?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
I have not actually, but I have also never given anyone the opportunity to do so.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The reason that I ask, is that for most (I assume), it's not the 'condition' itself that we despise, it's the teasing, staring, smirking, nasty comments, the groping, public humiliation etc, etc... that we don't like. We don't try to cover up/hide our G because 'we' don't like it... no sir! We go to great lengths to keep it a secret because we are afraid of how others will react to it. No? Think about it... If you were the only one on a deserted island, would you wear multiple layers of clothes in 90 deg weather? Doubtful my man... ;)  You would go shirtless because there is no one there to tease you about your G.

Public humiliation is a very powerful emotion. We would do almost anything to avoid it. At one time, public humiliation, was used as a form of punishment for people that committed crimes etc... I'm sure it was a great deterrent! For most though, this (having gyne) is not something that can be 'mentally controlled'. We cannot use our willpower to overcome the sense of 'violation' that we feel as a result of this 'Public Humiliation'...

I mean no disrespect to The_GOrn, however.... I don't agree with your statement about "Not enough to warrant never going to the beach and never swimming". If one is self conscious about his G, it doesn't matter what the severity is. It's all the same psychological BS!

I understand what you are dealing with here dude. I was the same... no swimming, no beaches, no playing sports, etc...   :'(   I had G for 31 years. I missed out on many fun times...   :-\

GB

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
I agree entirely.  It's not exactly the severity of G you have that measures the condition, but rather the degree of psychological impact. 

Although I have not been teased openly, I still feel the same pain.  Just recently I tried sitting and talking to my mother without a shirt on about my G.  She is very understanding and makes every attempt to comfort me, but despite that I still feel as though I'll be hit by a bat of insults.  I sat and talked for a good two minutes before deciding it was too much.  It is for this reason that I eliminate my risk of exposure.  Whenever asked to go to the beach or any public place that'll reveal my chest, I turn it down because I can picture the events that will almost certainly follow suit after the shirt comes off, said or unsaid.   

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Exactly my man!  And for many, that is just too great a burden to bare...

GB

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
My current options are (1) follow the doctor's advice and wait until I'm 170lbs with a low body fat index and see the results; or (2) get the surgery done within the next three months before school starts.  Being a college student/part time worker, I won't have the time to take the surgery for another year if I choose to forgo it for this summer.  I'm entering my third year of college and have already sacrificed countless once in a lifetime social experiences (as you already know).  Which option would you (GB and others) recommend I take?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Weight loss should precede surgery if at all possible. The result will be better.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My current options are (1) follow the doctor's advice and wait until I'm 170lbs with a low body fat index and see the results; or (2) get the surgery done within the next three months before school starts. Which option would you (GB and others) recommend I take?

Dude, you are 5' 11' at 185#. That's not a bad weight for your height. I was 190# at 6' for my Op.

I say.... go for it my man! Git'er done ASAP... ;)

GB
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:37:54 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Weight loss should precede surgery if at all possible. The result will be better.

True, but we are talking about just another 15# here. I cannot see how 15# would make much of a difference in final results...

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I guess I went through the post too fast to note the 15lbs, So I'll admit to being a bit hasty and agree with GB.

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
Thanks for the much needed support!  Two PS consults have been placed  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024