Author Topic: 10kgs in 2 weeks . New challenge !  (Read 3137 times)

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
My Surgeon has set me a new challenge even though she doesn't know it! I have an open appointment to return for revision surgery when I drop down to my original weight.

I need to have the surgery over this summer and definately by the end of july! I really don't want to be laid up in recovery when I should be studying or attending lectures etc. That happened last time and it effected my grades. I want to be well in to recovery before a vacation in late august.

Anyway I am now on a challenge to drop down from 110kg to 100kg by 23rd June.

Any tips, advice , comments, suggestions and/or guidance is totally welcomed.

I have gym access what would be the best machines to get to this goal?

Should I go near the weights at all ?

What should I drop or incorporate into my diet?

Offline Pragmatic

• Posting Member
See my post:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14434.0

I've been working out solid over the last five months. I've really experimented to find the best regimen, and I think your plan is flawed. That's a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time. Here's why that's a bad idea: rapid weight loss comes from muscle and water loss. When you first begin exercising, you body notices the increased need for energy, the changes in receptors in your muscles, and tries to find a balance. Muscle loss almost always occurs in the short term. As you begin training over a longer period of time, you can lose fat, but it will require a different sort of training than you're considering. Look at my post. It's quite long and detailed.

Are you very overweight? Are you currently training? What's your BMI? Eating habits? Age? All of these factors will play into the weight loss.

If you're determined to go ahead, try cutting out all saturated fats, take 3 Omega 3 fatty acid pills with your meals, increase your lean protein sources from whey smoothies, cut out all pasta and breads, and limit carbs.

When you exercise, keep your heart rate between 120-140. Do a cardio exercise for 20-30 minutes. Stop for 5-10 minutes and lift weights, then do a different cardio exercise. You want to fool the body into adapting to keep from reaching a plateau.

Actually there are some good articles on bodybuilder websites about getting cut before a competition. You might try those if you're an athelete and healthy. Often they will reintroduce carbs 4-5 days before a competition. They also practice water loading. They drink up to a gallon of cold water. This burns calories as the body must heat it to eliminate it, and tricks the body into thinking that there is plenty of water, so reduces water retention. You can't do this if you have any sort of heart problem or electrolyte issues since it may screw up your potassium levels.

A good target for weight loss is no more than 5lbs per month. More may result in muscle loss. There are fat loss products out there, but generally they simply are for people who cheat and continue to eat fatty foods, and then it makes the fat indigestible, so you end up squirting out fat in your feces. Very umpleasant...just stop eating crazy fatty meals.

Don't simply go on a starvation diet. Your blood sugar will plummet, and you'll feel tired and end up binging in the evenings. 5 small meals should be your goal, and if you can, eat the biggest one early not late in the day. It's analogous to constantly feeding the fire with twigs versus loading up the fire with big logs a couple of times a day. Low glycemic foods help your blood sugar not to spike. You can research this on the internet. Stay away from aspatame laden drinks and drink water instead. It's anecdotal but there is some belief that Nutrasweet is helping fuel the obesity issue.

Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024