Author Topic: Help a 16yr old PLEASE going in for a consulattaion.(NEED A DOCTorS HELP!)  (Read 4408 times)

Offline reinker

• Posting Member
its here http://drcattani.com/consult.htm

they even offer financing, and what does that mean when they offer financing?

also what kind of questions should i be asking when i get there because i tend to forget what im going to ask when i actually go there.

Look at my last post dr jacob
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:34:10 PM by reinker »

Offline MSJ108

most docs have various companies they accept payment from. You basically pay off the surgery to a company with intrest.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey there reinker...

Complimentary consultations... awesome! Can't go wrong there.  ;)

Financing just means that you can pay the cost of surgery in monthly installments. It's a loan. Howerver, you'll have to pay an interest fee. Many PS's have a Financial Institution that discretely handles surgery loans. 'Discretely' is the key word here! ;)

The most important question to ask imo is, how long have they been doing GRS's and, how many GRS procedures does the prospective surgeon do each year. You should be aiming for at least 150 or more. Others to ask are: Do they do both Excision (removal of gland) and Lipo (fat removal). 'Lipo only' procedures, often do not render satisfactory results. What type of anesthetic do they use - will you be knocked out cold (General), or will you be awake (Local). Revision(s), cost (if necessary). What are your financial responsibilities, if any, in the event of a revision. Will you be provided with a vest, or will that be your responsibility to purchase one post-op.

There may be a few more questions you could ask, but those imo, are the most relevant.

GB
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:45:52 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline reinker

• Posting Member
Hey there reinker...

Complimentary consultations... awesome! Can't go wrong there.  ;)

Financing just means that you can pay the cost of surgery in monthly installments. It's a loan. Howerver, you'll have to pay an interest fee. Many PS's have a Financial Institution that discretely handles surgery loans. 'Discretely' is the key word here! ;)

The most important question to ask imo is, how long have they been doing GRS's and, how many GRS procedures does the prospective surgeon do each year. You should be aiming for at least 150 or more. Others to ask are: Do they do both Excision (removal of gland) and Lipo (fat removal). 'Lipo only' procedures, often do not render satisfactory results. What type of anesthetic do they use - will you be knocked out cold (General), or will you be awake (Local). Revision(s), cost (if necessary). What are your financial responsibilities, if any, in the event of a revision. Will you be provided with a vest, or will that be your responsibility to purchase one post-op.

There may be a few more questions you could ask, but those imo, are the most relevant.

GB

what are GRS's ?

I NEED THIS ANSWERED BY TONIGHHT GOING TOMORROW MORNING!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline MSJ108

Offline reinker

• Posting Member
ok so i went the people where really professional about it, even though i had to get my pics taken by a young woman maybe in her twenty's, was embarrassing, as if that wasn't embarrassing enough, he(the doctor) squeezed them infront of the lady, lol.

Anyways i got  a before and after picture on all of his surgerys and i was pretty impressed.  They even provided a booklet for me, i mean a BOOKLEt not a little, oh look "get surgery now" booklet but it is pretty nice and they even let me take it home, its not much but its nice. With info and b4 and after pictures. I asked about the post op vest and they said they had that for $40 but im not sure if that is included in the surgery. he had even told me that he does remove the gland and do lipo before i even had a chance to ask him. All seems good, and the total comes out to 4,000$. Which i think is pretty good especially for the NYC area. He seems like a fair guy, but he looks like he himself has been under the knife a lil to much LMAo, u should of seen him.

Heres his website,  http://drcattani.com/home.htm

Edit: Dr jacob i was in NYC today, i was about 1 block from your office and i didnt even know it cause i found out about you today, and please i would like to get ur opinon on Doctor Cattani, can u please look on his website and look at his creditials, not trying to joke around , please do you think he would do a good job you seem like a legit man, im not rich, i dont think ill be going to NYC for a while now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:59:40 PM by reinker »

Offline MSJ108

Don't feel bad I had a smoking hot chick in her twenties take my pictures as well. Wow was she hot! What a body as well. Smoking!

Offline reinker

• Posting Member
please help me before i go on and call the Finacing company to make an appointment for surgery.

Offline MSJ108

please help me before i go on and call the Finacing company to make an appointment for surgery.

what is your question exactly youngin'? I will try to help

Offline reinker

• Posting Member

what is your question exactly youngin'? I will try to help

HEre......

nyways i got  a before and after picture on all of his surgerys and i was pretty impressed.  They even provided a booklet for me, i mean a BOOKLEt not a little, oh look "get surgery now" booklet but it is pretty nice and they even let me take it home, its not much but its nice. With info and b4 and after pictures. I asked about the post op vest and they said they had that for $40 but im not sure if that is included in the surgery. he had even told me that he does remove the gland and do lipo before i even had a chance to ask him. All seems good, and the total comes out to 4,000$. Which i think is pretty good especially for the NYC area. He seems like a fair guy, but he looks like he himself has been under the knife a lil to much LMAo, u should of seen him.

Heres his website,  http://drcattani.com/home.htm

Edit: Dr jacob i was in NYC today, i was about 1 block from your office and i didnt even know it cause i found out about you today, and please i would like to get ur opinon on Doctor Cattani, can u please look on his website and look at his creditials, not trying to joke around , please do you think he would do a good job you seem like a legit man, im not rich, i dont think ill be going to NYC for a while now. <----(anybody can answer this part)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I do not know Dr Cattani personally so I truly cannot comment.

My general advice to all my patients is to check on the surgeon's credentials (ie is he certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery); look at his portfolio of before and after gyne patients; ask how many gyne procedures he performs per year; ask about his philosophy about performing lipo and excision for gyne. 

I would very strongly suggest you visit at least two or three surgeons -- and then determine your own comfort level with each of them.  Absolutely, you should not let the fee alone determine your choice -- this is too important.  Years from now, while you are enjoying the results of your surgery, you may not even remember the fee -- only that it was worth it!!

Best of luck!

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MSJ108

I do not know Dr Cattani personally so I truly cannot comment.

My general advice to all my patients is to check on the surgeon's credentials (ie is he certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery); look at his portfolio of before and after gyne patients; ask how many gyne procedures he performs per year; ask about his philosophy about performing lipo and excision for gyne. 

I would very strongly suggest you visit at least two or three surgeons -- and then determine your own comfort level with each of them.  Absolutely, you should not let the fee alone determine your choice -- this is too important.  Years from now, while you are enjoying the results of your surgery, you may not even remember the fee -- only that it was worth it!!

Best of luck!

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

Good post sir

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024