Author Topic: How to convince my dad to let me go to Dr. Pope?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
How can I convince my dad that it is worth it to drive 3 hours to go to Dr. Pope as opposed to going to someone more local? Many locals that I have seen are very expensive and I tell him that experience is key but it just doesn't seem to work... I set up a consultation for Monday, but I have to reschedule because HE made plans... I waited a month for that appointment and told him the day i made the appointment and HE says he doesnt remember. There's a lot going on in my life but this is very important to me, and i feel so close to being out of this tunnel... So again, what are some things I can tell him that would convince him that it is worth it to drive to Orlando? Also, if I go under local anesthesia, approx how long post op would i be resting in the hospital/surgery center? PLEASE HELP!! I am so close!

--Cody

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Apparently your father does not attach the same level of priority to this as you obviously do.

Perhaps this is because you have not presented it to your father in a way that makes it clear how you feel. Often we do not express ourselves well when the subject is one that causes a lot of embarrassment.

I don't see any Pix on your recent posts so I cannot comment from that perspective.

You might try putting your feelings on paper in the form of a essay titled "Why I need surgery, and Why I want to have Dr.Pope do it".  Edit and rewrite until it is complete but under 500 words. If it is more like a 10,000 word term paper, it will not likely ever be read.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024