Author Topic: 19 6'2" 197lbs Do I have Gynecomastia?  (Read 3502 times)

Offline mustang63

Little history or a bio if you will, Around September 2006 I weighed in at about 265lbs. After getting my diet and exercise in check I got down to about 185 lbs. Problem was that I had what i thought was saggy/loose skin so I decided to start lifting to try and fill it out. Well Now I have a built chest and arms but my chest looks worse then ever, it feels like the more i work out the muscle the more the fat/tissue hangs off of it. So please someone tell me if its just fat or clearly gyno. I feel large rubbery lumps under each nipple by the way, but that could be normal dont really make know how the male nipple should feel seeing as ive only felt mine.

PICS!!!!

If I do have it can you guys give me a rating of how bad?

Thanks in advance to all that reply....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:23:37 PM by mustang63 »

Offline MSJ108

very minor. looks like slight fat issue. 1 out of 10 in my opinion

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What difference does it make what anyone else says? How much does it bother you?

I've seen guys with more who ignored it and guys with less that were devastated by it.

It is a very personal thing, What effect does it have on your life?
Grandpa Dan

Offline mustang63

Well, I dont go swimming, or to the beach or water parks with friends because i'm embarrassed by it. I always worry how my chest looks under clothes. I shelled out 50$ for compression garments to boost my confidence level until i got them to go away....that was 6 months ago and there still here. I told my self I would get to 185 pounds, 10-12 body fat% and see how they looked, if they were still not normal looking to me then i would consult a doctor and get a professional point of view. I dont know maybe its all in my head, i've been told by my friends/family that they dont notice anything they just think its muscle from lifting.....so i dont know.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
There is a slight breast like shape.  Fairly minor case though.
So I guess you appear to "have it". Not too bad.

Just go to a doctor now if it is bothering you.  He might recommend you get your hormone levels checked and make sure you aren't taking any gyne inducing substances.

by the way a compression garment isn't going to make it go away.  Save you money there, and don't get tricked into buying any of the bullshit pills and powders in the net that promise the world
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline mustang63

Oh i Knew from the time of purchase It wouldnt make it go away, but it sure does a hell of a good job hiding it when wearing a tight-fitting shirt.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I think you have it.

I'd say it is both gland and fat (mostly fat)

It is not that bad but still noticeable. 4 / 10

Offline MSJ108

Well, I dont go swimming, or to the beach or water parks with friends because i'm embarrassed by it. I always worry how my chest looks under clothes. I shelled out 50$ for compression garments to boost my confidence level until i got them to go away....that was 6 months ago and there still here. I told my self I would get to 185 pounds, 10-12 body fat% and see how they looked, if they were still not normal looking to me then i would consult a doctor and get a professional point of view. I dont know maybe its all in my head, i've been told by my friends/family that they dont notice anything they just think its muscle from lifting.....so i dont know.

good luck and keep us posted

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
hey man if u can afford it obviously i'd get the procedure down. What you said about your friends and family thinking it's muscle thing sounds a lot like me and how they never saw it as a big deal. I dieted down to a low bf for a bodybuilding show and was still uncomfortable with my chest. My chest had a similar shape to yours especially when my bodyfat use to be higher and it turned out i had .2 pounds of gland on both sides (.4 combined). I don't know if this sounds like a lot put it definitely distorted the appearance of my chest and made me feel uncomfortable. My only regret is not getting the surgery done sooner! Definitely look into it if u can afford it or your parents r willing to help u out.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member

Offline josue91

hey how are ya i say when u flex it looks like maybeee maybee a 3 . but when u r relaxed it looks like a 1 man ya look fine 2 me . but it dont matter 2 me its how u feel

god bless
DUC3TR3

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
It does seem to be a minor case, maybe it is fat??

It wont hurt to excercise?
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024