Author Topic: Doctor wants to do liposculpure??  (Read 5137 times)

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Just had a consultation today and my doc said because of my age, he was gonna do liposculpture for my gyno.  He said if he did gland excision there would be scars and he didn't want that with my age.  Does anybody know what liposculpture is?   I don't want that pointy look to my chest, so is this the right procedure?  It only costs $2,500 and is done with IV sedation.  Can somebody please tell me if this is what i want. 
here's what i want my chest to look like

here's my chest, you can see in the 1st pic how it's pointy.  It looks like just the gland needs taken out.

I thought all i would need is the gland taken out, or do they still remove some gland with this procedure?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Just had a consultation today and my doc said because of my age, he was gonna do liposculpture for my gyno.

Is Dr. Bermant the PS?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Just had a consultation today and my doc said because of my age, he was gonna do liposculpture for my gyno.

Is Dr. Bermant the PS?

GB

I highly doubt Bermant charges only $2500 :p

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member

Is Dr. Bermant the PS?

GB
No, it's Dr. Gonzalez  of Altoona, PA.  http://www.blairplasticsurgery.com/  You guys think I need the gland removed or not?  I just don't want it to show when I get down to 8-10% bodyfat.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Is Dr. Bermant the PS?

GB

I highly doubt Bermant charges only $2500 :p

Doc Bermant uses the term 'liposculpture' frequently.

Hehe, yeah you're right about the $2500 dude...  my bad! ::)    ;)

GB

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I don't think I would chance it with you. Excision seems to be the only sure way to get that gland out. Just make sure you go to someone good and scars won't be an issue. My scars aren't noticeable unless you really look for them up close. Unsuspecting people would never notice.

Offline Gcp

• Posting Member
In comparison to perfection you are imperfect. However using a more realistic scale of reference I would say you have a nice chest imho and it would be an insult to say you have any gynecomastia.

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
In comparison to perfection you are imperfect. However using a more realistic scale of reference I would say you have a nice chest imho and it would be an insult to say you have any gynecomastia.

why thank you kind sir, hehe..  thats why i' m trying to spend the least money I can.  I just want that little cone shape it makes at the end of my nipple area to be flat.  and I still don't know if I should get excision, lipo or both.  I mean if i could just get lipo and have a flat chest then i would definetly just get lipo.  but if i' m still gonna have that little cone shape thing then I would want excision.  It really bothers me when I were a t-shirt, you can see my chest is pointy because it shows through my t-shirt. does anyone know what I mean?

DrBermant

Just had a consultation today and my doc said because of my age, he was gonna do liposculpture for my gyno.  He said if he did gland excision there would be scars and he didn't want that with my age.  Does anybody know what liposculpture is?   I don't want that pointy look to my chest, so is this the right procedure?  It only costs $2,500 and is done with IV sedation.  Can somebody please tell me if this is what i want. 
here's what i want my chest to look like

I thought all i would need is the gland taken out, or do they still remove some gland with this procedure?

I use the term Liposculpture to describe my liposuction sculpture of fat.  It is but a component of my Dynamic Technique Gynecomastia Sculpture of the male chest.  However, I prefer to target the gland first and then use other elements of my sculpture pallet to contour the remaining tissues.  Fingers of gland run through fingers of fat as you can see in this anatomy of gynecomastia drawing.

Liposuction will target fat easier than gland and does not do well on gland. I have seen many severe complications from patients whose doctors have told them that their liposuction could manage the gland, even with "special liposuction cannula."  Check out the link under this drawing labeled Remaining Gland after Gynecomastia Surgery for Puffy Nipples

Scars from surgery on not just the entry scars on the surface, but the entire sculpted chest.  That is why I show images stressing how the chest moves after surgery which is an indication of the nature of the scars or remaining glands.  By targeting gland first, I can visually control the firm tissue causing the distortion of so many patients with gynecomastia.  So, although I use Lipsculpture as an element of my contouring, it is but one of many tools I use for each patient.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Liposculpture is a fancy term for superficial liposuction.  It's a marketing term, rather than an actual surgical or procedural term. 

Anyway, it looks like you need gland removal.  You're a slim, muscular guy, and you don't appear to have much fat.  IMHO (I like that), you'll want gland removal to be sure you correct the puffy nipple problem.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14855.msg104451#msg104451 date=1216178397]
Liposculpture is a fancy term for superficial liposuction.  It's a marketing term, rather than an actual surgical or procedural term. 

Anyway, it looks like you need gland removal.  You're a slim, muscular guy, and you don't appear to have much fat.  IMHO (I like that), you'll want gland removal to be sure you correct the puffy nipple problem.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]
thanks doc,  it looks like gland removal it is.

DrBermant

Gland removal alone can result in a nasty Crater Deformity Defect after Gynecomastia Surgery.  The examples shown are but a small collection of the problems I have seen from other doctors' attempts at just removing gland.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique that always involves some fat contouring.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

Offline lugg47

• Posting Member
please do not get any sort of lipo-anything without excision!!! i knew that i needed excision done. my doc told me he was going to do excision and then changed his mind the day of the surgery to do liposuction and excision if needed. now i look no different than before. so please do not just go the liposuction route. you will regret it.

and just hope if you get excision the doc wont change his mind on you. i don't think what my guy did was fair or legal. but again, find someone who does excision. good luck if you're in pa.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024