Author Topic: Mikey P - G Surgery Diary  (Read 3747 times)

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Hi all,

A few of you may have already read my post with pre-op pictures in (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14600.0).

I guess I follow the long line of gynecomastia 'sufferers', along with the usual not taking tops off for the pool/beach and multiple layers of clothing to help cover up a bit better.

Well I first came to knowledge about the reasoning for it when I was approximately 16 (now 20) and have ever since wondered from a distance about the surgery, especially with knowing the prices that go hand-in-hand with it.

This is where I went to my doctor about it and was told there and then that nothing was wrong and I wouldn't be eligible for surgery on the NHS (I live in England).  But with starting university in September 07; my social calender as it were, have increased dramatically, which of course means more attention on the area from myself.  I decided that I desperately wanted to get this done.

Just after Christmas 07, I arranged to have a couple of consultations with 2 different companies.
It was confirmed to me at both that I would indeed need gland excision and liposuction.  I was then left to sort the finance side of things out which, luckily thanks to the help of a family member, has been made much easier than I imagined.

After having my pre-op assessment and the required bloods with relatively no problems, (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14604.0),
I am now ready for my big day of Friday, 18 July 2008.

This date, I am hoping my life can be turned around by a person who I shall be forever grateful to.

Thank you to everybody so far on this board for the vast range of information and support, it really is one of a kind.
I shall keep updating, maybe before and definitely after the said date.

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition!

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Congrats.

Someday your gonna wake up and be 40, look back and thank everyone who supported you and mostly yourself for having the surgery.  Your next 20 years will be filled with fun summers, great clothes, and best of all no anxiety about your chest.

Enjoy!

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Well, the eve is here.
This time in 24 hours I'll be on the road to recovery and praying that this gets sorted once and for all.

An early start for me being a student, have to be there for 07:30 and the surgery is sometime in the morning.
I've got my magazines at the ready...if I stay awake that long afterwards!

Wish me luck,  :-\ 

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Its finally over and I'm back home.

Was such a pleasant experience actually.  All of the nurses/doctors were very friendly and helpful.
I still havn't had any pain as of yet (subject to change I'm sure!), the only slight thing was feeling quite sick when I sat up for the first time after the surgery.

Seems to look very well (although havn't seen under my dressing), looks very flat and 'normal'.
My surgeon said she was able to take quite a lot out and is very pleased.

It already feels like a success as looking at my new-self looks totally different; can't wait until I can fully enjoy it now!

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
A quick update with pictures of the recovery.

I've dont really have much to update, very smooth and minimum pain up to now (apart from when I woke up on my front last night!)
My left side has quite a bit more scar tissue forming underneath so is a bit more raised than the other side.  But im sure this will go down in due course (does anybody have a rough time frame?).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024