Author Topic: A few questions for the board.  (Read 2635 times)

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Ok so im pretty much at the point where im done with dealing with gyne and have come to the conclusion its not going away.. i started on this board at about 14 and am turning 19 this month..enough is enough. Im doing the surgery in the winter because i think it will be easier too hide but i have a few questions..
#1 - As far as insurance coverage.. I have CIGNA - which has denied me already.. but i also have the option of blue cross from my job and ive read that it does cover gynecomastia. anyone else have this??
#2 - Dr. Ganchi in Wayne wants 4500K up front and then insurance payment later on.. unfortunately at my age, i dont have this type of $  :P  im looking to put about half of that cash up and have the rest covered by insurance. can anyone reccommend me another surgeon who will do this?
#3 - How easy is the vest to hide after surgery?

Offline ughomg

• Posting Member
I have blue cross blueshield (I believe) from my parent's benefits since they work in the government. I am 18 nearing 19 and when I turn 19 I will start considering surgery. You heard blue cross covers gyne?!?!?! Wow! keep me updated please!!!

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Let me know on the BC/BS also.  I have that and already had surgery.  Maybe I will submit it.  I am not confident though.

As for the Doc. Is that Wayne NJ?

If you are in the NYC area go at least and get a quote from Jacobs in NYC.  For a $150 bucks you will at the very least learn a lot about your condition from the leader in the field.   If you can swing his price I would recommend it, but at least get the consult.

It may seem like a lot for your surgery now, but at 19 you have a lot of years to make it up.  By the time your 25 you won't even remember how much your surgery cost but you will be living with the investment you make now for the rest of your life.  In the next few years Ill be bet you will spend 5X as much on a car that will only last you about 4 years.

As for the vest, very easy to hide in the Fall or Winter.  No worries there.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
whats the deal with getting a loan at my age? is it possible?

im looking at all my options right now.. any help appreciated

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024