Author Topic: puff nipples  (Read 9583 times)

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
is there anything you can take to stop nipples getting the puffy look. got slight gyno but only shows when relaxed and nipples are puffy

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I think most of us on here have begun with this question, I know I did! Sadly it is a non starter despite what you might have heard. If you do have gyne, the only sure fire way of ridding yourself of it is surgery. The pills and training routines that you can find if you scour the internet are just money making schemes and simply don't work. Do yourself a favour and save your money for surgery, it's the ONLY way. Maybe you could post some pics of your chest so that we can all give our honest opinions on the severity of your condition? Just a thought but maybe something that could help you make a decision either way.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

DrBermant

is there anything you can take to stop nipples getting the puffy look. got slight gyno but only shows when relaxed and nipples are puffy

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.  This Gynecomastia Picture Gallery of Puffy Nipples begins to show some of the various problems patients have called "puffy."

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction Surgery
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:21:56 PM by DrBermant »

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
Thanks doctor that is a very intresting read.. my gyno/puffy nipples is basically the same as the bodybuilders gyno you have pictures of. i have gyno but when nipples are erect the gyno doesnt look too bad but once relaxed my nipples puff out and sag downwards and lumps are more visible.

DrBermant

Thanks doctor that is a very intresting read.. my gyno/puffy nipples is basically the same as the bodybuilders gyno you have pictures of. i have gyno but when nipples are erect the gyno doesnt look too bad but once relaxed my nipples puff out and sag downwards and lumps are more visible.

That is a common complaint for men with a subtle deformity.  You can learn more about the Anatomy of Puffy Nipples here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024