Author Topic: Some tips I know to help healthy weight loss  (Read 3925 times)

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
A lot of emphasis may be placed on cardiovascular exercise to burn away body fat. That's very good, but to speed up weight loss, there are a number of steps that you can take.

Most weight loss takes place in the kitchen, so focus on low fat foods, which are also high in protein (you'll see why later) such as tuna, lean chicken or healthily cooked eggs.

Don't neglect muscle training. In addition to the cardio you do, muscle training can be very beneficial to those who are trying to shed pounds. Here's why:

Firstly, a well rounded muscle workout can actually burn a lot of calories; the actual action of performing repetitions.

Secondly, weight loss can take it's toll on your body's muscles: train them while you slim, to maintain them.

Finally, having more muscle on your body burns more calories ALL the time: think about it, there are more cells respiring on your body and using energy. The muscles will use a portion of your calorie intake, just being there.

Hope my tips didn't sound to patronizing, and they help anyone trying to lose weight :)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Thanks for the info!

I was in a pickle as I didnt know wether I should buy a multi gym as well as a cross trainer.

I am overweight 6-3 (roughly) and 120 kg.

I have read alot about that weight lifting does help immensly if you want to lose weight.

So thanks again!
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
no thank you, im really happy to help someone!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024