Author Topic: Me diary....  (Read 15049 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
whats up guys. i'm having y gyno removed on tuesday (july 29th) and i thought i'll make a diary so yu guys an see and read about my experience.

quick background info...
i'm 20 y/o from nyc.  i've had gyno since i was about 10. 3 years ago i ballooned to 280 pounds but now weight 195 pounds with a good amount of muscle.  my gyno is pretty severe

its funny cuz it now hit me that i'm really getting rid of my gyno in a couple of days. i was just about to lift weights (today is chest, back, and arms) and as i was putting the weights on the barbell i jus realized that i can take today off.  by tuesday my chest will be so much better. plus i'm not going to be able to workout a month after my surgery lol. so now i'm just "enjoying" the remaining hours of my gynecomastia.....36 hours and counting

****my before pics can be found here****
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14388.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:14:34 PM by helloHELLO »

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Good luck bro! You'll be fine. I'm 3.5 weeks post-op and so far life is so much f*ckin better. Being able to wear a light gray t-shirt with nothing under it other than my under armour is really an amazing feeling! You WONT regret surgery. Who's your doc BTW?

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
jacobs...
let me ask u somethin philly...
did u (or are u) lose alot of muscle while that month off??
i feel like i'm going to lose all my mucle definition after that month lol.
i'm gonna stay on a diet so that i dont put on fat

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
yeah...so now i feel guilty for not doing my workout last night that i'll do it today lol.

i'm also thinking about doing a quick workout tomorrow morning before i get the the surgery but the only problem is that i cant eat or drink anything after midnight tonight

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
literaly just left the office. now im finally "post op".  itsbee about 2 hours after surgery (postin from my phone).
the surgery went great.  the doctors and nurses said the same.  did not hurt at all. i woke up while they were stitching me up and all that jazz so i was able to get a preview.  it looked GREAT. im sure they all loved my presence too lol. from what i remember i woke up from the anesthesia and was talking to them about goingto parties as if they were my homeboys (honstly they made u feel that comfortable).

now its time to let the healing process begin

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
quick update.....i developed a hematoma on one of my breasts the day after surgery (did not hurt, just swollen and uncomfortable).
so the following day the doc drained it out and i'm back to regular healing.
i'm 3 days post op and just being patient. i dont eve want to look at my chest for a month but i kno i will tomorrow when i take my first shower lol

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
8 days post op now, feeling pretty good. no pain just a bit of discomfort at times.
i truly feel that before anyone has the surgery, they should understand the longevity of the healing process. and the steps.  if it wasnt for this site i would be bugging out lol.

since i'm still recovring frm surgery i'm bored as hell.

im eating healthy so that i dont gain weight during the first month of healing. its working, but thelack of exercise is diminishing my muscles (or its probably all in my head).  so starting today i'm going to drink a protien shake a day

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
i couldnt sleep last night......

i was so excited that brett favre is now a jet. cant wait to see the favre/coles combo this season.
us jets fan needed this cause giants fans were annoying us during the off season this year lol

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Hi!

I am 4 weeks post op, and just had another consultation with my surgeon today. He said everything is normal. But still, i have a bit of swelling in both my chests, which will eventually diminish.

I am particularly impressed with your weightloss and muscle gain.. I am at the peak of obesity at 250 pounds.. I gained a lot of weight recently as i quit smoking.

My surgeon said i should wait for another 3-4 weeks to start "gymming"..

I'd be glad if you share with us how you lost 85 pounds and gained a good physique.

Also, we'd like to look at a few of your pre-op and post-op pictures.

Thanks and wish you a speedy recovery!

Cheers!
Surgery on 8th July 2008 under Dr. Deepak KL @ Apollo - Bangalore, India.
Liposuction + Gland excision. Cost - US$ 775 (Rs. 32,200 INR)
Details: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14938.0
***Recovering***

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
hey kgr,
heres a link to my pre op pics...
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14388.0
i'll post my post op pics in a few months (dont want to think about my chest right now since the healing process can really mess with ur head)

the best advice i can give u for weightloss is PATIENCE.  alot of people expect to get drastic results after a week of exercising and dieting. it takes time.

with my nutrition i stopped drinking soda, started eating more vegetables (especially broccoli), and drinking about a gallon of water a day.  i try to have about 5 small meals throughout the day. i constantly tell myself that i eat for the energy, not to feel full. i have a cheat meal about once a day which is of whatever i want.  i highly recommend u to do this because it will help u be on ur diet longer and teach u that they foods should be treated as an award and are not good to have on a regular basis. 

with the workouts, all i can basically say is that i go to the gym. i do intense workouts about 4-5 days a week. i do both cardio and weight lifting.  i have a personal trainer at the gym that helps me with routines and programs. i believe this is the best part about going to a  gym because the trainer could show u the right way.

the first 12 months of my weightloss were basically all me. i came up with my own routines and programs and stuff.  i went from 280-225 by myself, but to be honest i still had the same figure.  i lost a lot of weight but not a lot of body fat.

after that i had a trainer helping me out. a year later (of even more intense workouts) i went from  225 to only 210. but i was losing alot of body fat and gaining good muscle.  i looked like a person that goes to the gym.

and now (a year later from being 210) i'm 195 pounds with more muscle tone. 

i have a friend that went from 300 to 180 pounds in under a year. he's lookin good with his clothes on, but when he takes his shirt off he has a lot of saggy skin (especially the stomach area).  lucky for him he didnt have gyno so his breasts were never a problem haha

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info, it was very enlightening..

I can't wait to hit the gym!!

Would you please share your diet and exercise regime with us?

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
whats up guys.
i'm about 17 days post op. still some swelling, specialy on the left side.
my friend was dj'ing at a club in queens (nyc) and i was able to go there with my friends to support him (all my friends think i tore a chest muscle). we were given a free bottle of vodka so we got a "little" tipsy lol.

since i had some tracks the car and could add them to my friends playlist, i was even good enough to do a house music set in the club (which was CRAZY lol). i dont know if it was some of the liquor or the energy from the crowd but i felt no pain or discomfort whats so ever. i actually felt like i was wearing a binder for no reason. within my 3 hours of being in the club i had to got to the bathroom to pull up my binder about 3 times. but on the way home the bottom half of my binder came off and i had to have one of my friends reattach it.  then when i got home around 4am my mom was luckily still up and i had her redo my binder (THANKS MOM!!).
so yea my days of feeling just as comfortable as pre op are getting closer and closer
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:57:21 AM by helloHELLO »

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
oh yeah.....i forgot, most of my frends smoke cigarettes so i'm goin to be smelling like newports and parliaments all night  :(

and big ups to the usa swimming team and mike phelps...8 for 8!!!
it was that jeezy homie lol
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 05:02:11 AM by helloHELLO »

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
So you got your surgery after all my fellow New Yorker...hehe...congrats man,  Im really excited for you. Dr. Jacobs did your surgery right? I picked him too, only problem is I have to wait another 5 months or so before I get the surgery but until then I am doing some hard core lifting and cardio. I lost about 14kg of fat this summer. I weight in at 160lb, Im 6 feet tall so I look super slim. Some fat remains on the bottom of my stomach and the sides but I am gonna start my 8 week gorilla cardio to burn that off. I do ab workouts every other night, targeting all parts.

If its not a secret how much was your surgery? Also were you able to walk out the surgery room fine or were you all messed up and stuff. Since when I get my surgery, only my brother is gonna come to pick me up and hes the only one that knows I am getting it done. Do you need someone to come pick you up with a car or can you take a cab?

Also a random question, which protein supplement do you take, and do you use creatine?

Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
haha yea man i went through with the surgery. glad to see that ur weight loss plan is workin well.
i pm'ed u with answers to ur questions

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024