Author Topic: UPDATE- NHS GP  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Im back, recently had to move house so I am now settled in!

I went to the GP after 3 attempts!! My heart was about to come out of my chest, I was nervous when my name was called.

When I sat down next to the GP, I said 'Gynecomastia'. Then I told him my story, I thought he was going to say what the hell is that?!?

He then said gynecomastia is very popular and that he has seen numerous amounts of people with it. That was a big relief for me!

He then checked my moobs and said he could feel the gland.

He said to me he has a relative that is a surgeon and that he will 'sort me out'. The n he said he is glad I came and that he will do what he can to help me.

I now have a blood test on monday, here hopes it all goes well.

Thank you everyone for their help support and ideas. :)
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
Great to see you finally came out with it. Feels alot better now right? So is your GP's relative, who's a surgeon, gonna do it through the NHS or private?

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Great to see you finally came out with it. Feels alot better now right? So is your GP's relative, who's a surgeon, gonna do it through the NHS or private?

It was a huge relief when I left the surgery.

well all the GP told me is that his 'relative' is a 'surgeon' for a nhs hospital which is close to me. then he said he was going to phone him and tell him my story.

So it is being done through the NHS and NOT private.

My blood test is this monday with the nurse, I dont know what to expect...

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
The blood tests are fine.... you will probably be referred to an endicrinologist first to check your hormone levels.... if there is a problem here then they won't perform surgery because the moobs could just grow back.... its more likely that your gynecomastia was a result of puberty though (like me), so this is just a last check before you are referred to a surgeon.

It should hopefully be smooth running from here so don't you worry - just make sure you attend all the appointments!!

Let us know how you get on
New Man

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
thanks newman

Well I had the blodd test and the doc has the results and I was told over the phone to book an appointment with the gp to talk about the results

so now i go back on tuesday...

EDIT/ UPDATE: I have to go see the doc on the 26th to discuss my blood test results??

Dont know what that will be like but will keep everyone updated.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:21:32 PM by Hope »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024