Author Topic: does wieght loss really get rid of them  (Read 9225 times)

Offline gh8596

Iam 16 and i have manboobs and iam overweight and i was wondering would losing weight really get rid of them?. All i hear the only option is surgery.

DrBermant

Iam 16 and i have manboobs and iam overweight and i was wondering would losing weight really get rid of them?. All i hear the only option is surgery.

Manboobs is really called Gynecomastia.

Yes, weight loss can help with the fat component.  Male Body Fat Deposits mainly in the Chest and Belly Regions

Weight Loss before Gynecomastia Surgery can make a major change.  However, remaining gland and loose skin may still be an issue that surgery can help.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:36:22 AM by DrBermant »

Offline tim fuller

• Posting Member

Lose the weight first. There is a limit to how much surgery can really help, and if you haven't made the lifestyle changes to improve your body first, then you will ultimately be unsatisfied. As you lose weight, the extent of the gyne will become more obvious, and you will really be able to understand whether surgery is the best option.

Obviously, this all depends on the extent of the gynecomastia, so some pictures would help.

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
hell no...weight loss will in no way get rid of your gyne, only  surgery will.  I tried so many times in the past to do it this way, but while the rest of my body looked flawless, my big boobs and flappy nips destroyed the whole thing.  Get the surgery and you'll be fine...

Offline B1G JV

I've had gyne since I was 12, started on the dieting and gym work from age 18 and varied 4 stone each way for the last 12 years, never has my gyne gone away, it just looked more stupid when I was less fat and muscley. I have what my doctor consultant referred to as Grade 3 severe gynecomastia. I am over weight but have moobs bigger than a lot of women I know!! it's a confidence killer for me so I've opted for the surgery in November.
If you're not too fat and the skin isn't too streched that it wont recover then weight loss and gym work could help an awful lot!  I've known a few people lose psuedo gyne this way. As you have no pics up, feel to see if you have gland tissue under there, lumps and bumps, often painful to squeeze too hard (more than just the fat tissue).

HTH

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
Weight loss and exercise makes it look better, at least this is how it worked out for me.

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
Weight loss and working out can make things look better and at the same time, more obvious.

Also be warned that if you are just working out to lose them, it can become extremely discouraging that you can look flawless, but then still have the gynecomastia.

DrBermant

Weight loss and working out can make things look better and at the same time, more obvious.

Also be warned that if you are just working out to lose them, it can become extremely discouraging that you can look flawless, but then still have the gynecomastia.

With major weight loss, loose skin and hanging tissues can be a factor resulting in chest ptosis (drooping).  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can help with such issues. Others chose Body Shaping Vests for loose chest skin after weight loss.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member

Yes, weight loss can help with the fat component.  Male Body Fat Deposits mainly in the Chest and Belly Regions

Weight Loss before Gynecomastia Surgery can make a major change.  However, remaining gland and loose skin may still be an issue that surgery can help.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Wow, the pictures of the AFTER WEIGHT LOSS is amazing...I should really lose weight, those guys made such an improvement when they lost the weight before going to surgery, jeez, i wouldnt mind looking like they did before they went to surgery but with the weight loss. thats really inspired me to lose weight....

DrBermant

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Wow, the pictures of the AFTER WEIGHT LOSS is amazing...I should really lose weight, those guys made such an improvement when they lost the weight before going to surgery, jeez, i wouldnt mind looking like they did before they went to surgery but with the weight loss. thats really inspired me to lose weight....

Good luck on the weight loss!

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline third

I'm 17 years old. When I was 15 I was 190lbs. I have lost down to 149lbs and am 6ft tall, and I do look  better because I don't have fat on my general body, and I suppose any of my "man boobs" that was fat and could be lost is gone, but they are still there.

DrBermant

I'm 17 years old. When I was 15 I was 190lbs. I have lost down to 149lbs and am 6ft tall, and I do look  better because I don't have fat on my general body, and I suppose any of my "man boobs" that was fat and could be lost is gone, but they are still there.

Does it not feel better with that weight gone!?  Weight loss is a coarse global tool.  It does not help with residual gland, localized fat, and sometimes Loose Skin after weight loss are factors that Plastic Surgery can help.  As a surgical sculptor, I prefer using a coarse tool first, and Plastic Surgery for refinement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024