Author Topic: The Truth  (Read 17746 times)

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
It's not an excuse Jake. I don't have any breast tissue, I work out ever other day, I'm 5'11 weighing 180 pounds (which I don't think makes me overweight) and I still have fat in the chest. I don't have fat in any other area; all other areas look lean except the chest.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
First off, you do have breast tissue.  Never say you don't because that's not true.  But I know you mean you don't have EXCESS breast tissue...right? 

And when you say work out you mean weight training?  Or cardio?  Because building up your pecs would take care of any fat in the chest.  The only other thing to further improve that would be simply cutting your BF% down more.  The BMI would say that you're just slightly overweight.  But it does not take into account things like muscle mass.  So it depends on how muscular you really are.

I must say that what I said before was a little harsh.  The only way I would say it's an excuse is if you simply did nothing about it.
Because I simply don't buy that surgery is the only way for some to "lose weight" in certain areas of the body.  UNLESS you're much older or if you were once obese.

I'm not trying to insult anyone.  I just don't believe you can cut overall weight down significantly and still have fat in just your chest.

Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline GB07

• Posting Member
I agree in principle, but we cannot all run. I'm an old dude with arthritic knees and hips, even some guys much younger have problems as well so we must do what we can. I my case, I walk from 3 1/2 to 5 miles each evening with about 30 minutes of that at a pace which is sufficiently aerobic that it is not possible to carry on anything like a normal conversation.

Three other things are also important. Never skip breakfast, and never skip a meal or snack. Always have fruit or vegetable snacks near at hand. If you do not allow yourself to get hungry, you'll be less tempted to reach for the junk food. Finally, Drink at least 2 litrs of water a day. Not coffee, soda, beer or anything else, Water. The other liquids are allowable in reasonable amounts but they do not replace water.

I agree 100%.

While the OP is right about having to get off your ass and do something, I disagree with the "just eat less and run" approach.

It is about realizing life changes. The idea of going on a "diet" is inherently short term. There is no point in doing something that you can't maintain for the rest of your life.

You don't necessarily have to lose 60 pounds in 3 months to feel successful. Just starting to make the right choices around food is the start. Eat proactively. Never let yourself get hungry.

I  also truly believe in the value of weight training. A good weight training session can burn just as many calories as a run, and you are building muscle to boot. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be. When you are lifting weights, if you accidentally eat too much, some of those extra calories are helping build more muscle rather than fat.

Right on, it should never be a one time thing, it should be a change in lifestyle and this may involve some re-eduction about eating correctly and how to train with weights. Weight training should be used if ya got problems runnning.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i finally feel like im a man

Offline soillinois

• Posting Member
Just remember if you have kids teach them responsible eating habits young.  I was overweight at an early age and excess skin can not be lost by diet and exercise. 

anonymous1

Most of you are right. There is no secret to weight loss. Lift weights, walk or run, and eat less junk. In my case it was college that did it for me. No money and no more unlimited snacks like I had in hs, plus a free gym and walking to classes. Definitely cut out fast food, anything with a lot of cheese, potato chips and cookies. Get that stuff out of your diet and watch the scale reverse.

anonymous1

If you want a cut chest you can do workouts at home that will make you look like a spartan. Don't believe me go check out my pics in the user photo section. Take 2 chairs and spread them apart. Put your feet on a table or counter, something higher than the chairs and do pushups in between the chairs, making your chest drop in between the two chairs and go as low as you can. Do that 50 times a night and 50 regular pushups. Then go to 100 reps of each after a few weeks. That's If you don't have a gym membership or a weight bench. If you can get on a bench vary low weight and high reps to high weight and low reps and then work back to low weight high reps in a somewhat orderly fashion. I have an excel sheet that is a 6 week bench workout where you just out in your max bench and it makes up your weight and reps for each week of the six weeks, two times a week. I can email it on request.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
When doing pushups, PLEASE do them correctly, if you aren't looking forward, head up, you are doing them wrong.  It makes a difference having proper posture doing pushups, you will find you are able to do more of them when you keep your head up.  Ask my wife, I grip and complain seeing people on TV like biggest loser and the "trainers" let the people do crap pushups.  You will feel it in your chest.  If you can get down low, not touching the ground, holding it and going slow up and down, you will feel it and burn, but you will build up lots of muscle there.

But can someone clarify something?  If gyne or even psuedo is present, how is building up chest muscle HELPING?  It would hurt more than help, it would raise the whole chest larger, sticking it out more.  Honestly I am thinking that is much of my problem, muscle under fat.... no gland that I can find.

anonymous1

trust me it helps!  Before working out I just looked like a flat chested kid with huge nipples.  Working out greatly increased my chest volume(no creatine) and now I have muscle that pushes the gyne down more.  The top of my chest is larger and the shirt rests on it and not as much the nipples, making me just look muscular.  And even if it does push the gyne out, wouldn't you rather be built and have gyne than just be some scrawny or fat person with it?  Now you can beat people's asses if they say anything.... j/k but really as soon as I get mine fixed via surgery I think I am going to try my hand in male modeling... and get back into soccer.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member

My issue is not MILK SHAKES OR OREOS even though I am a 300lb guy. My issue is working 14 hours a day to pay the bills then you add on 8 hours of sleep and you are up to 22 hours a day working or sleeping. Then you add driving to and from work about 40 minutes each way and I am down to 40 minutes in a day to: Exercise, Read the Paper, Each Breakfast, eat dinner, eat lunch, Play with my Kids, phone a friend, etc......

Don't make generalizations about people and assume they are fat because they eat too many twinkies you f'n bastard!!!! Some people have physical limitations, some are in though economic situations and litteraly have no time, etc... not everyone that is fat is that way because they won't 'get off their asses'.

Sorry, but you ARE fat because you won't get off your ass. Like many, you're prioritizing exercise lower than a lot of other things and so finding no time to do it. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but... don't make excuses. If you wanted to, you'd find the time.

Your first step would be to escape out of the slave labor camp where you're working 14hour shifts everyday and get a decent job. Seriously though... where do you work?

I'm taking 2 classes (3hrs each) and working 9:30am-6:00pm. My commute is 2 hours both ways to/from work, more if I have class after work and depending on the campus. Then there's misc. other things like studying, life, family and so on.

I work out 5 days a week, 1 and a half hours a day. Usually wake up at 5:30am to go to the gym before work. So yes, I often have days of gym > work > 3hr class. I've worked a lot of the misc things in my life so it fits in my schedule. I'll watch whatever tv shows when I'm on the treadmill/elliptical (on my Iphone). I'll listen to news podcasts doing weights/driving. I do my homework/study during my break, etc.

No ones asking you to work out everyday for the "40 mins" of spare time you have (which I have a hard time believing). You have weekends (or maybe you don't get those in your particular labor camp), you could cut an hour off your beauty sleep... just get off your ass and go to the gym. Maybe spare 2/5 of those 40 min periods for working out as well. 2 days cardio, 2 days cardio + strength and you'd see results. Change your diet while you're at it.

Don't make excuses. It doesn't matter how hard your life seems. It always feels great to blow off something cause you feel it's out of your hands (and you don't want to do it anyway).

You're 300 pounds for goodness sake. Almost two of me. Think about that.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:44:05 AM by Merangue »

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
some people here says avoid drinking milk to minimize the gyno?? is it really true? i know that milk is rich in protein that builds muscles..

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
If you want a cut chest you can do workouts at home that will make you look like a spartan. Don't believe me go check out my pics in the user photo section. Take 2 chairs and spread them apart. Put your feet on a table or counter, something higher than the chairs and do pushups in between the chairs, making your chest drop in between the two chairs and go as low as you can. Do that 50 times a night and 50 regular pushups. Then go to 100 reps of each after a few weeks. That's If you don't have a gym membership or a weight bench. If you can get on a bench vary low weight and high reps to high weight and low reps and then work back to low weight high reps in a somewhat orderly fashion. I have an excel sheet that is a 6 week bench workout where you just out in your max bench and it makes up your weight and reps for each week of the six weeks, two times a week. I can email it on request.

If you wouldn't mind sending it to me I would like to check it out, always nice to see other peoples workout routines.
Tired of being that one link that just cant break

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024