Author Topic: A question to DR. Bermant  (Read 3759 times)

Offline hero2321

Are nipple creases and folds fixable? why sometimes it isnt? is that because the crease could be held by either a keloid scar or a regular scar?

I am very worried i am 9 days post op and  my left nipple looks terrible(i had alot more gland on left than right plus i had a complication of internal bleeding that took a long time to clean by reopening it again), it doesnt even look circular . Also is fixing this as soon as possible better that waiting because the scar could get bigger? and will working out fix it as a long term healing process? is there hope for me ?

I appreciate all your help.

DrBermant

Are nipple creases and folds fixable? why sometimes it isnt? is that because the crease could be held by either a keloid scar or a regular scar?

I am very worried i am 9 days post op and  my left nipple looks terrible(i had alot more gland on left than right plus i had a complication of internal bleeding that took a long time to clean by reopening it again), it doesnt even look circular . Also is fixing this as soon as possible better that waiting because the scar could get bigger? and will working out fix it as a long term healing process? is there hope for me ?

I appreciate all your help.

9 Days is Very Early After Surgery

Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

For my patients, peak swelling is typically the day of surgery.  Hematoma or blood collection after gynecomastia surgery can distort the tissues for some time. 

How Tissues Recover and Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem treated, surgery techniques, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and many other factors.  The pictures on that page are typical for my patients.  Options for after surgery care, Scar Care, or revision depend on many factors best discussed with your surgeon or someone you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024