Author Topic: Just heard about this today  (Read 5624 times)

Offline mc

I've had extra "fat" there for years and never new what it was. I still don't know what it is but I'm relatively healthy, 30 years old, and can't tell if its fat or gland. When you say lump, is it one lump or little ones. If I feel it, at first it feels like fat but I can feel some tiny bumps but I'm not sure what that is. If I push directly down I feel some tiny lumps but nothing distinguishable.
Any more details on this?
Are there any success stories to give a guy some hope of naturally getting rid of this if its pseudo? 

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
If you've got Gynecomastia you will feel hard tissue beneath your nipple, you will know if you have it.

If you dont you have something called Psedu-Gynecomastia ... which means you have to much fat in your chest area, and this makes your chest recreate the look of some breasts.

Pseduo sometimes can be removed by going to the gym and working out the pec muscles, sometimes this does work. It really depends on what type you have, some people train for months and see no result and this leaves them only one option .. getting it removed.

Hope this helps

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Jimbob -- that sounds about right.  I think I have pseudo but nothing happens when I lose weight or workout.  It is so discouraging when I try to slim down and my chest is still big. 

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
I've had extra "fat" there for years and never new what it was. I still don't know what it is but I'm relatively healthy, 30 years old, and can't tell if its fat or gland. When you say lump, is it one lump or little ones. If I feel it, at first it feels like fat but I can feel some tiny bumps but I'm not sure what that is. If I push directly down I feel some tiny lumps but nothing distinguishable.
Any more details on this?
Are there any success stories to give a guy some hope of naturally getting rid of this if its pseudo? 

If it's truly just fat, then liposuction alone will probably be adequate to treat it. It's very hard (if not impossible) to get rid of it with diet / exercise alone.

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
I seem to have the same condition. I've been working out for 8 years. It doesnt go away. I just ahad a consultation w/ a P.S. He said all i need is lipo. The only problem w/ this is that it could come back someday. Im going to find a few other surgeons for a second opinion.
Just do it!

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
I too have pseudo gyne. But Andrew, I think if you keep a healthy lifestyle, the fat won't come back again. If what I understand about lipo is true, then what it does is that it permanently removes fat cells. The remaining fat cells can only get bigger (this is how you get fat) , however because you already lipoed about most of them in surgery, if you get fat, it's going to appear on other places(not the chest) more severely.

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
I went to another P.S. and he said not to get lipo, just take out some glandular tissue. Im really confused here. I know I need to lose a few pounds but I'm definately not fat. I think I have protruding chest muscles and glandular tissue under the nipple. I took some pics but I don't know how to post them.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The breast area is a common place for fatty deposits, even in men.

It seems to be the first place where fat builds up and the last place shere it is lost. Weight loss even to an unhealthful degree is usually not effective at reducing the fat in this area.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024