Author Topic: Surgeons in Scotland  (Read 2222 times)

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Been reading this forum for a while now and I've had alot of good info off it!

But i was wondering if anyone knew of any surgeons in Scotland which have a good reputation for treating gynecomastia??

It seems that many of the posters have had good results from Alex Karidis....but as I am from Scotland it would obviously be more ideal for me to recieve my treatment closer to home!

Or is there anyone from Scotland that has recieved treatment from Dr. Karidis that could give me an indication of the total cost for surgery factoring in flights + op and consultation!?

Thanks in advance for any responses

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
Hi,

To be honest with something like this you need to go with the best & unfortunately the best isn't in Scotland.

I'm 10 miles north of Aberdeen and had surgery with Mr K in London. In the grand scheme of things the travelling is really nothing. My experience went something like this:

Consultation:
Drove down to Aberdeen airport. 9 AM easyjet flight to Luton (£25).
Easybus from Luton to Central London (around £3) Get off at Baker street and walked to the hospital (10 minute walk)
Consultation, waiting time + consult around 1 hour (£50 for consult, think its £75 now).
St Johns Wood tube station is literally 2 minute walk from the hospital. Tube into central London (£4).
Bite to eat in a fast food place to kill an hour (£4)
Easybus from Victoria to Luton Airport (£3)
Easyjet back home (£25)
So that's the consultation taken care of in one day for around £140.

Operation:
Used BA this time because the flight times worked out better for me...
Day before OP - Aberdeen to Heathrow £45
Tube from Heathrow to Finchley Road tube station £8ish (I think...cant remember exactly)
Express by Holiday-inn hotel, Finchley Road £60. This is pretty close to the hospital. Plenty of shops/fast food places around to get something to eat.
Next morning tube from Finchley Road to St Johns Wood £3? (just a couple of stops)
The OP! £4000
Taxi back to hotel same day £6
Overnight in hotel £60
Next day, tube to Heathrow £8
Flight back Home: £45

So all in all 1 day for the consult costing £140
OP costing £4000
Travel/Accommodation costing approx £200 over 2 days.

So not living in London cost me an extra £340 on top of the OP cost. In my mind that's nothing when you consider the cost of the OP & the fact you are getting one of the best surgeons. Things may be slightly different for you but that's the general jist of things for someone travelling from Scotland.

I hadn't been to London since I was a kid before this, but using the internet to plan/book everything in advance makes the whole thing a doddle.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024