Author Topic: Need a virtual kick!!  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I am at the stage now where I am wanted the surgery done ASAP. I've been training a fair bit, I still have a bit of fat to lose and more muscle to gain etc but I think I'm worthy of surgery now. I've met a girl too which has been a bit of a kick up the arse to wanting to get this sorted sooner than I had originally planned!! Anyways.. financially... I have the cash, but I also want a new car so I've decided to get the surgery done on a loan (as I have a well paid secure job and no outgoings/debt!) this way I can have the new car and the surgery :) fresh start! I also have all my days holiday left at work, so I can easily book 2 weeks off to recover (as I have a physical job) and being winter now I feel I can get away with it all a lot easier, leaves me loads of time to recover and continue training before next summer.

I'm 99% set on Dr Benito in Spain, every case I've seen on here from him looks perfect and the reviews seem equally as good.

I am going it alone though with the excuse of a biking holiday in Spain, cut short due to an accident breaking ribs! I think its pretty plausible, it's just going to be a bit crap lieing to everyone. I guess I could say the holiday is just for a few days and then become a recluse for the week or so following!!!

So with the consideration of a loan, I can go ahead, but I'm slightly scared to and seem to be putting it off! The only real reason to this post is for a virtual kick up the arse and to find out how other people who done this alone got on? and just some encouragement to put this into a reality. thanks.

Offline kingboob

Hmm, I don't want to be negative here....... but really your best option has to be telling at least 1 person where you are going and why, and maybe taking them with you?   A biking holiday during the winter and then a trip home with broken ribs doesn't sound all that likely to me?

If you have got the money, stop fannying around and have a consult and have the surgery....... personally if you are secure money wise, I would pay the extra and have it done in the UK.

Offline adamdaddum

• Posting Member
I pretty much did the whole thing on my own. Only told my parents the day before my operation. I have never felt the need to hide the fact that I was having the sergery done from anyone and I have told quite a few people now but its completely ur decision and if u want to keep it to yourself thats obviously ok. I like yourself was saving for a new car and had the cash ready but instead decided to go for the operation. Now im a car guy and I allways will be! Yet i still spent £4k of my money towards this operation and i dont regret it in the slightest and i just cannot beleive that i lived without having this sergery!

To sum up, my advice would be if u can afford it, do it you will never regret it and also benito is a good choice

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I really would like to tell my mum about it all, but she's got a lot on at the moment as it is, and I just wouldn't know where to start to be honest.

Been thinking about it some more.. I could book 2 weeks off work and not have to tell anyone where I'm going at all. The only person who I'd need some excuse for really is my mum.

kingboob, I haven't seen a UK surgeon that I'm 100% happy with from past reviews and pictures on this forum. Almost every single case I've seen from Benito has been really good, and a lot of the patients have had similar size/propotions to me, so it's not a case of going with Benito because he's cheaper, but because I am more confident that he would get the results I'm after (although I accept everyone is different and every surgery is different so may not....)

Guess I need to ring Benito's and also get that loan sorted!

irish lad

hows a goin bud..

glad to hear your getting this problem fixed..i went to benito id recommend him to anyone...went over in june on my own at 19 told me mother i was going on a weekend away with the lads in manchester and when i came back i said i had a bad fall when drunk :D....

i too had a physical labouring job on a building site at the time and returnde to work 1 week post op..i actually think it done me the world of good...im now nearly 4 months post op still iv some days better than others prepare yourself for that as post op is the hardest part belive me :)....

any questions just leave me a personal measage and il be more than happy to help u!!!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Cheers for the replies... !

Just looked into a loan from my bank, £3000 over 12 months at £268 a month, 13.9% APR (£3217 repayable) not too bad really. Quite a lot to pay out each month but then I get anything between £1200-£2400 a month take home with no mortgage or current loans/finances (just insurance finance which is only £60 a month), secure job and due a £2 per hour pay rise at the begining of next year. What's the point in waiting? I don't want to be tied down for a couple of years with loan repayments, as I plan to buy a house next year... so I think the short term high monthly payment loan is probably the best way forward?

What's the deal with Benito, I guess I call his office up and book a consultation, then he'll give me a surgery date option.. I just need to book flights and go basically? How much is his surgery costs? and flights? Will £3000 be enough?

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Ok well I've done it, consultation booked for November 7th (next available day) thanks guys.

Offline newlife

• Posting Member
Well done mate - the first step is the hardest and you have done that now.

Good Luck!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Is it a bit sad that I was really nervous just calling up? Didn't help I was in a bad signal area and didn't quite understand the ladies accent hehe but I think I got all the details correct.

So, from the south what's the best way to get to the appointment? I drive, but London sucks so I'm thinking train then tube?

I'll get the loan out after the consultation and will be booking the surgery as soon as possible. I've also decided that I am going to tell my mum, but not until the surgery is fully booked and sorted.

Really now I should go all out on the training and sort my diet out for best possible results!! That's the hardest part :(

Offline kingboob

Is it a bit sad that I was really nervous just calling up? Didn't help I was in a bad signal area and didn't quite understand the ladies accent hehe but I think I got all the details correct.

Really now I should go all out on the training and sort my diet out for best possible results!! That's the hardest part :(

Nope, nerves are normal in my experience....... I was extremely nervous and embarrassed when I first went for my consult......... But a good surgeon will know this and be able to put you at ease.

Diet and exercise...... hmm, I know what you mean there, I have been trying to lose weight since having surgery a couple of months back, and all I have managed to achieve so far is staying the same weight, but with increased muscle mass.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
So far I've not really lost much fat from my belly etc but I seem to have filled out a lot with muscle, not as much of a boy-ish frame anymore. My arms have a lot more definition and my chest is wider, the gyne has improved just from training, but I've never kept a decent diet so progress has been slow and limited, although a big improvement since last year... just need to step up my game really for this final stretch before surgery, then after surgery I can look at bulking up some!!

Thanks again for the help in booking the consultation, I'm glad I finally done it, wasn't that hard to ring up after all!!!

Offline sometimesuk

• Bronze Member
  • EXERCISE MACHINES - PUNISHMENT FOR EATING TOO MUCH
£268 a month......Quite a lot to pay out each month but then I get anything between £1200-£2400 a month take home with no mortgage or current loans/finances

Hey mate, consider yourself luck, wait until you get a place of your own and have all the worries of getting and paying a mortgage, not to mention negative equity.

Everyone’s different but if I were you, and assuming your average take home pay is £1800, I would save £800 for five months = £4,000 and have the surgery done in the UK.

I can understand that Dr Benito is meant to be really good, but if something does go “breasts up” which sometimes it does, it’s a lot easier having the surgeon in the UK than having to fly to Spain every two min’s for post op checkups etc. It might even work out more expensive going abroad.

Have you had your initial consultation yet? Hope things work out anyway

Offline sometimesuk

• Bronze Member
  • EXERCISE MACHINES - PUNISHMENT FOR EATING TOO MUCH
Ha ha, I actually didnt say
“breasts up”
I said "T.i.t.s U.P" ha

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
good luck with your op matey
i wish id have had mine 20 years earlier :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024