Author Topic: Surgery on Saturday 25th + Diary  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Only  2 more days to the deed is done & hopefully Karidis works some magic - I can't wait, is anyone else there on Saturday?? I'm hoping I'll be brave enough to post before & afters but at the minute I'm still to embarrassed, I'll take the pics and see how it goes, i'll definitely keep a diary and let everyone know how it progresses!!
Whats the forum record for fat removal as being an overweight forty something I think I might be challenging for it :) ;) Roll on saturday!!! :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:58:53 AM by Roversboy »
Surgery : 25th October 2008
Surgeon : A Karidis

hadenuf

Good luck mate.

Get some before pics up, don't be shy with us on here as we all know what you feel like and what you have been through :'(

We can see the great results then! ;)

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Less than 24hrs to go ;D ;D ;D I fell sick with excitement, for the first time in 30yrs this girlie chest will be gone and I can wear the t-shirts I want :) :) :) I've got a works do to go to in 3 weeks and I'm praying the swelling will go down and I'll be able to wear a suit jacket without the line of the jacket being distorted by moobs ;) :) :)

Just one question for everyone thats had the op done though - has anyone that didn't know about the op notice and say anything?? I know its stupid but I could do without getting stick at work, reminds me of being back at school. Why am I still embarrassed by this to the point that I've told them that I'm getting follow up surgery to a previous operation. Stupid I know but!??

Oh well, I'm going to pack my stuff for the journey down there and see if I can bring myself to do some of the before pics :-[ :-[

Offline newlife

• Posting Member
No one noticed my op. The vest is barely visible so they probably won't notice that either. If anyone notices mine I will tell them that I have a bad back and the doctor advised it to help correct posture. It's a White lie that I may need to use to get through recovery.

I am 3 weeks now and the results are great - you will feel a million dollars when you get ready for your works do as things will just fit.

Good luck and keep us posted when you are on the other side.   

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Off to bed for a few hours sleep, up at 3am and off to London for 7am, I can't wait - nearly there :) :) :)

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
Good luck mate - hope you get on alright. Sure you'll be just fine.
Let us know how you get on.   ;)

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Good Luck mate! - You're in safe hands! ! ! ! ! ! !  ;D
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Its done ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We got there for 7am and I was promptly checked in by the nurse. Then it was time to get the gown on, along with the lovely compression sock /stockings - what a sight!! Shortly after the anesthetist turned up and checked some details, about 10mins later the man himself arrived, I've got to say he is a class act, my mind was put at ease and then he took some photos and did some drawing on my chest showing where the lipo was coming from etc Right he said I'll see you down in theatre shortly and we'll get rid of them boobs, I truly, truly couldn't wait to get down there. Another 10 mins passed and the nurse arrived to take me on the short walk to the theatre, there we were met by the anesthetist and another guy, nerves were kicking in but these two were laughing and joking with you and I was quickly relaxed and then I heard him saying "going to sleep, going to sleep............".
Next thing I remember is waking up in my room, then dosing off and waking before dosing off again. I woke up properly about 11.45 but I've no idea how long I was actually in theatre.
I tried to see the surgery but all I could see was some large 'pads' under a very tight compression vest (Oh to be slim!! - Thats next, by diet though). Next came water to dink and then lunch - which I have to say was nice. Every 1/2 hr or so a nurse would come in to take your pulse, temperature & blood pressure. Everyone of them was smiling and couldn't do enough to help, judging by other operations I've had recently in other private hospitals this isn't always the case and I can't tell you enough what a difference it makes - brilliant. Later in the afternoon Dr. Karidis assistant came in (for the life of me I can't remember her name :-[), she went through the recovery period and what to do over the next couple of days with the dressings etc, again a totally professional attitude and did everthing to help.
Well back to me, I'm not going to pretend it isn't sore because it is but the painkillers they give you easily deal with this, it will be Monday before I take the compression vest off and change the dressings (not looking forward to that) but as I've previously mentioned I have a weight problem and even with the compression vest when the car hit a bump in the road there was still a bit of belly wobble but not around the chest area - after 30yrs this was really strange ;D ;D
I know its only day 1 but if anyone is sitting on the fence and wondering what to do, then I'd have to say yes Karidis is expensive but the care you get is totally 1st Class and I honestly haven't got a bad word to say about the whole experience :)

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
Well done mate! Glad everything went well for you.
Hope the recovery is as smooth and looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Take care.   :)

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Congratulations mate... Welcome to the other side  ;D

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Day 3. Todays the day to remove the vest, change the dressings and get my first look at the results!! I've been dreading this for loads of reasons mainly because I can't cope with blood but also dreaded being dissappointed etc. To put it in perspective I reckon I've had a pretty bad case of gyne for the last 30 years, yes some of it is because of my weight in recent years but even when I was at my fittest & lightest it was still severe, so I had no idea what it would look like, all I wanted is to be flat and be able to wear a t shirt without looking like a girl, having perfection and being able to take my top off in public could realistically only be a dream given the amount of fat in my chest.
Anyway, I sat on the bed and unzipped the vest as advised and waited for any dizziness etc but there was none, across my chest was  a thick row of green gauze type dressings taped onto my chest, removing this wasn't fun and I did wish at one point that I'd shaved my chest but I hadn't, I'd laid back on the bed by this point to remove it, once it was off, I really thought I was seeing things - I was flat!!! It must be gravity I thought but I stood up and it was still flat, I can't describe the joy it was like scoring the winning goal in the cup final, I just stood there staring in the mirror.
There were 4 more dressings to be removed one on each nipple (really did wish I'd shaved when I removed these ones - ouch!!) and one under each arm pit where the lipo must have been done from. I then applied the waterproof dressings and was able to have a shower, its amazing how much better you feel just by having the shower.
I'd have paid the £4k just for that 10mins looking in the mirror at a flat chest, absolutely priceless!!! I know things will change over the coming weeks / days but along with my kids being born, today was right up there as one of the best in my life.
There is however one downside - I can now see how big my belly is ;D ;D ;D ;D Now where did I leave them tins of slimfast???

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Congratulations mate! - Im Truly happy for you!.. I Must say that was one of the best moments for me too, and probarbly the most scary!.. Try & Post some pictures up when you can to show us the magic  ;D

Offline newlife

• Posting Member
Great news - glad you are happy.

;D

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Day 4 - the day of the itch, OMG I didn't know I could itch so much. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the vest so I tried the Nike vest underneath the hospital one but alas no relief. Then I discovered something weird - kind off phantom boobs ;D, you hear stories of when people get limbs amputated that they can still 'feel' the limb, well I was itching and I'd go to scratch(very gently :o) the moob but it wasn't where, I was going to scratch thin air, the sticky out moob was gone. Scratching a flat chest is definitely weird!

I've got some before & after pictures that I'll load up once I find the lead to connect the camera to the PC, but I'll have to apologise for the quality as either the LCD screen is damaged or the camera is goosed, but you should still be able to see the difference

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Day 5 - The itch continues, especially in the centre of the chest where the bruising is worst, it must be part of the healing process so I assume its a good sign. A bit of swelling has kicked in which miffs you a bit but what goes up must come down!!
The pains not bad at all and I can quite easily move my arms above my head, I'm taking a few painkillers each day but more in hope that it will desensitise the itching a bit. Sleepings been hard as you have to sleep on your back and this I don't usually do, last night I did manage to start getting some sleep as I could lie on my side - what a relief.
Next week back at work is going to be interesting to say the least, the difference in how I look is startling, I might have to come clean and admit what I really had done? ;D ;D ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024