Author Topic: My second surgery - please advice on what you think (right nipple-problem)  (Read 3710 times)

Offline frank_the_tank

• Posting Member
Dear Gynecomastia-sufferers and ex-sufferers.

I had my revision 10 days ago where my surgeon even though I felt he was a bit reluctant doing it mentioning (but it's muscle you have!) did some lipo and "tightened" my skin. He pulled the skin is what he said. My left nipple is 100 % flat and I am very satisfied with it, but before the revision I mentioned to the surgeon that I think the right one is not the same size as the left and I would like him to correct it. He said that he can't because he might cut the blood circuit and I could end up with my skin "dying" around that area. Now here are some pictures of the right nipple, I do not recognize it being this big before my revision, I have some stitches around it and I am unsure if this is swelling but I think it "sticks" out - please see the pic of my left nip and compare, I see a difference, it's not noticable under shirts but anyway. Any opinions?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:29:20 AM by frank_the_tank »

DrBermant

Dear Gynecomastia-sufferers and ex-sufferers.

I had my revision 10 days ago where my surgeon even though I felt he was a bit reluctant doing it mentioning (but it's muscle you have!) did some lipo and "tightened" my skin. He pulled the skin is what he said. My left nipple is 100 % flat and I am very satisfied with it, but before the revision I mentioned to the surgeon that I think the right one is not the same size as the left and I would like him to correct it. He said that he can't because he might cut the blood circuit and I could end up with my skin "dying" around that area. Now here are some pictures of the right nipple, I do not recognize it being this big before my revision, I have some stitches around it and I am unsure if this is swelling but I think it "sticks" out - please see the pic of my left nip and compare, I see a difference, it's not noticable under shirts but anyway. Any opinions?

Showing Standard Before and After Pictures for Revision Gynecomastia can better help others understand your concerns. 

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on many factors.  I prefer techniques that typically result in a natural Male Areola Reduction by targeting gland first.

I have seen very large areola terrible complications from misguided male areola reduction surgery.  Unless something is done to counteract the forces of the chest pulling on the skin, the areola will expand again after surgery. 

You can see Graphic Pictures During Surgery to Reduce Big Areola and early evolution of tissues for my sculpture.

Male Mastopexy Skin Reduction for Male Chest Ptosis can be a valuable tool for those whose massive extra skin is a major factor in their deformity.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024