Author Topic: Do you think i need surgery  (Read 3998 times)

Offline cabrower

• Posting Member
Hi, i wanted to post some photos to see what you guys thought. I have a scheduled surgery for December 18th but i have some family and friends telling me they don't think i should get it done. I have been on a pretty successful workout and diet plan. I have two pics to show, one was taken when i was 260lbs and another at my current weight of 181 lbs. I haven't been going to the gym much over the summer. I started dropping weight around super bowl weekend of this year. I believe i still need the surgery, but it doesn't hurt to have a second/third/fourth opinion, etc. I am currently 25, the dr that i am going to will be charging like 5500$. Let me know what you guys think. The picture i took of me current didn't come out that great, i was trying to operate the camera and pose at the same time. No timer on this camera heh.  Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Pic 1: 01/24/08
Pant Size: 46
Shirt Size: XXL
Weight: 260lbs
Height: 6'1"
BF%: 30%

Pic 2: 11/25/08
Pant Size: 34
Shirt Size: M to L
Weight: 180lbs
Height: 6'1"
BF%: 15.5%

I could of had better results if i kept up with my routine during the summer, but i became busy with work. Do you guys think i should cancel my appointment and do more weight loss and weight training? I work in education so December 18th is a perfect date for me to do this, i will have almost 20 days of recovery without having to go to work.

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:34:18 AM by cabrower »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations on the weight loss, you really look great. No one else can make a decision whether or not to have surgery. This is a decision you must make for yourself.

Unless you are asking them to help you pay the bill, they should have no business in influencing your decision.
Grandpa Dan

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
If I were you, I wouldn't think about surgery for now. Your lost weight is impressive. I think you should try to work out and build a more muscular body. Just try and see. I think it could be a lot better.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
just as I ALWAYS  say....  surgery is not the only answer--- and u have clearly proven that here.. not to mention u saved yourself BIG MONEY and ugly scars -  CONGRATS  INDEED

Offline cabrower

• Posting Member
Ya i have a long ways to go though, the problem i am running into is. If i have the surgery now during Christmas break i will be ok for the summer. If i wait longer i won't be able to go on a scheduled vacation i have next year to punta cona (spell check that). Two surgeons have told me it is gynecomastia. It doesn't look too bad in those pictures when i stand up but when i am sitting or leaning over it's really bad looking. They look like a girl's b-cup. But if you guys think that this can be helped with my exercise and lifting routine that might be the answer. I just want my chest to be flat and tight.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Dude, your body looks so much like mine when I was fat and when I lost the weight. Congrats on the weight lost. Anyways, it's up to you to decide whether or not to have the surgery, but if I were you I would have it done during christmas break. Good luck on deciding. Ohh and if you do have gyne like the docs told you, then working out your chest may help look tighter and maybe a little better but your pecs are gonna push out the gland and make your gyne more noticeable.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline cabrower

• Posting Member
Thanks for the input guys, i guess my concern is what should i expect to see for the 5500$ i am putting out. Also getting closer to the date i am getting nervous about it. As i get closer to it, i have friends/family telling me they don't think i need it and that i should just continue to workout. I believe i need to be about 20lbs lighter into the 160lbs range which is my goal for the next couple months. Just very uncertain at this point. Hehe spending 5500$ makes me nervous, plus being cut open is very exciting.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
being cut open  EXCITES U ?  hmmmmm well sounds like u have a different issues instead of  gyne my friend...

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
being cut open  EXCITES U ?  hmmmmm well sounds like u have a different issues instead of  gyne my friend...

Angel_Fallen; just get the f out, please.

OnT: Congratulations on your amazing weight loss man! If I were you, I'd cut down some more, and combine a healthy diet with weightlifting.

Do you feel any hard tissue behind your nipples?

Offline anon643

• Posting Member
how did you lose all that weight so fast, please tell me

Offline cabrower

• Posting Member
Hey thanks for all the responses guys. The whole excited about being cut open thing was suppose to be sarcastic. Text just doesn't translate that too well. I lost the weight thanks mainly to a competition with a co-worker. I was able to drop weight before from just dieting, but this time around i was very serious to beat my co-worker in this competition. He constantly runs his mouth and is a s**t talker, we get along real well so it kinda helped fuel this little endeavor. Basically we set a date to see who would lose the most by that date and we kept it up publicly at work. We also had a judge who monitored our weight-ins so that nothing was being messed with. The end prize was a 100$ gift card. The funny thing was we got to the end of the competition, i won, and we were both just so happy with the results we didn't even care about the prize. The only down side to my endeavor so far was the summer. I got swamped with work and discontinued my workout routine but i did continue to eat very healthy. Before the summer though i was going to the gym 4-5 times a week, focusing mainly on cardio and then doing lifting, primarily focusing on chest workouts. I am finally getting a steady routine of going to the gym again. I would say 80% of my weight loss was just changing what i ate, serving sizes, etc. I ended the competition at 200lbs, i lost the last 20 lbs just on eating right. So it took me all summer of eating right to lose 20lbs. Also as i side note i do drink beer/mixed drinks on the weekends, usually only friday/saturday night. I wear underworks compression vests daily since 2005, I would recommend them to anyone on this board it totally boosted my confidence when going out, it just trickey explaining them to women and friends if they happen to catch a glimpse of one. I just tell them it's underarmor and i don't like wearing wife beaters because they are too rough on my nippies. The usually just blow it, but i make sure never to put one on or take one off in-front of anyone because you can sometimes have some trouble.

As far as the hard tissue goes, i am not 100% sure. When i went for my consultation it felt like the dr grab a gland like thing when we have feeling around. I can push my nipple in and there doesn't seem to be anything hard behind it until i get to where my breast muscle is. I do have those larger nipples which everyone with gyne seems to have. Now when i grab the breast itself it feels alittle hard but i am not sure if thats just the skin being put together that i am feeling.

This is great feedback, i am just little nervous now since my date is Dec 18th and there is no turning back. I know they will be asking for the money soon hehe. I was all gungho about this until friends and family started making comments asking me if i really need it because im looking alot better. So i figured i would ask people who have been down my road and have seen many more cases.

Thanks for the input,
Chris

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
If you wear that garment, I would go forward with the surgery because it obviously is bothering you, but by all means let it be your choice--life is too short!

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Since you and your friend had a competition on losing weight, is he "big" aswell? Because if he is, do you see any signs of gynecomastia on him?

Offline cabrower

• Posting Member
He has a flat chest. I have been feeling for hard tissues/lumps behind my nipple and i don't feel it. Do you think these surgeons are just going to do lipo? It seems like alot of it is just fat.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Depends on the technique of the surgeon and how good he is with just lipo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024