Author Topic: Post-Op  (Read 2001 times)

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Alrite guys,

I'm due to go in for my op with Dr K on the 29th of Jan (not long now) and have a couple of things I am unsure of!

Firstly, I'm 22 so I am still out every weekend drinking with my mates and obv I will have to lay of the drink for a good few weeks post op! What have use found as a viable excuse for you not being out for a bit?! I was thinking cracked ribs?! But a dont know!!! any advice!

Also, generally speaking how long before you can go back down the gym?!!

And probably the most difficult of all.............. Its only my mum that knows so what do I tell people that are wondering why I am disapearing down to London with my mum for a few days?!

I go down on business every so often, but I can hardly tell people I am away on business but taking my mum lol!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks alot in advance!!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Off the drink cos you are on anti biotics for something??

Broken ribs for after the op.

Do you need to tell folk you are taking your mum?? she is taking in the shops and a show.

Just disappear and do not tell them where you are going.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 05:50:45 AM by Jock »
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hi Ryan

Just been through the op with Dr K. You need to stay off the booze for atleast 7 days before and after. Saying that, I don't think I'll be down the pub for atleast a week, maybe two - incase I bump into anything or get a friendly punch from a mate. Too bruised at the moment!

Can you tell your mates you're on a health kick as you over did it over xmas? Could say you are doing gym and no booze for a month - it'll also explain the sudden weight loss from your chest area too!  ;D Hit the gym and lay of the booze before the op then go with the antibiotics excuse for a chest infection/pain killers for a bad back after the op?

They recommend you take it easy during the first week after the op, so probably 10 days to two weeks for the gym. Depends how you quickly you heal.... I can't wait to get back down the gym so I'll let you know.

As for the mum issue, if you have to say anything at all then I'd go with Jocks idea. Tell 'em your company is throwing in a hotel so you're treating your mum. She's gonna shop and take in some shows while you're working?? Or maybe you have some relatives she's going to catch up with?

Good luck!

Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline DANNY d

• Posting Member
I have had the same issues.
I just said i had family things to sort out. That way everyone thinks its personal and doesnt ask alot of questions. As for going out i am just giving the aged excuse of being skint after crimbo and i will be back out in febuary.

hope you have got some help here.

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info guys I'll keep use posted on how a get on....a week on thurs! Not long now!

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hey Ryan

How'd it all go?  ;D

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Alrite mate,

Things went excellent! Am really pleased with the results, the bruising is dying down and I am taking my Arnica as prescribed lol!

I have had little to no pain yet! I have only took 1 pain killer and I am now 4 days post op!

Any ideas when I should expect the scar tissue to start forming??

I am hoping to post my pre and post op pics on over the next few days!!

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Glad it went well mate.... Great feeling when you first see the flat chest, eh?!  ;D ;D

I didn't really notice the scar tissue until I started massaging 2 weeks after the op - Until then I was pretty gentle in the shower!  :o I guess it builds up sometime in those two weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024