Author Topic: 7 weeks post-op with Mr K  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
Hi Guys, it's been a while since I posted an update so thought I'd do that and post a couple of pics.

I'm now just over seven weeks after the op and feeling great. I went back to the gym just after Christmas and started back kickboxing training on Saturday and have no pain or discomfort. I left the kickboxing for a bit longer than the gym due to the faster arm movements and the possibility of getting smacked. The only downside is how unfit I've become due to not exercising for a few weeks - I'm really feeling the aches in my legs and arms.

I had my first follow-up appointment with Mr K two weeks ago and he said he was very pleased with how it has turned out. He confirmed he had removed 48g of gland and 3.4l of fat from my chest and abs. He was surprised with how much gland there was as at the original consult he said that was not my main problem and there didn't appear to be that much. He also didn't think there would be so much fat coming from my abs - I must have hidden it well somehow! There's a small ridge just to the right of my bellybutton which he said looks like fat that may need a revision if I'm unhappy with it. I said I'd put on a fair bit of weight through Christmas and not exercising properly hasn't helped. I said I'd get back training and drop the bodyfat and we'd see how it looked at the next appointment. He wanted to see me in three months so I'm back at the beginning of April for another check-up.

After examining me he thought I still had around 25% swelling that would disappear over time as the scar tissue goes. I'm very happy even at this point and I can notice the hard scar tissue under the skin slowly softening up and disappearing. I'm massaging every day so I think that's helping too. My nipples look different each day. Sometimes perfect, sometimes with one or two creases. I'm not stressing at all because with a t-shirt on who notices? And I'm really enjoying the feeling of being free to wear what I want, even things that are slightly fitted.

Here are the pics - apologies in advance for the poor quality / lighting etc. I just took them with my phone as I wanted to get them up quickly. Cheers, Wheeeee!

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Awesome. Your pics have given me a real boost, its great to see how much your nipples have changed i'm hoping i get the same results from Dr K in a couple weeks time!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
WOW, that looks like the result we will  all be hoping for.

So does Mr K normally have 2 follow up visits after the op or is that because you had extra work done?
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
I'm not sure, but I think it's normal. This was the first time he'd seen me since the day I had it done and the next appointment will be four months after the op when I guess things should be almost settled down. He's still not taken any photos so I imagine he thinks I'll get even better looking (well, the bits he worked on anyway :D)

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Fantastic results Wheeeee! What a life changer - you must be over the moon!!?!

I'm just 5 days post op with Dr K - did you start down the gym after 3 weeks?

Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
Fantastic results Wheeeee! What a life changer - you must be over the moon!!?!

I'm just 5 days post op with Dr K - did you start down the gym after 3 weeks?

Yes mate, over the moon doesn't begin to describe how pleased I am with things. I could rave (and bore) for England about Mr K and the results he's given me  ;D

I think I could have started back at the gym after three weeks but I still had a sore stretching feeling (kinda like a pulling) in my abdomen when I moved in a certain way and I wanted to check with him before starting anything again. My check up was right at the start of the year and he said this was normal as I was still healing and there was no way in which I could damage what he's done. He told me if I felt the pulling whilst exercising then I should try to push through it. He said it would ease the more I worked it. If I'd known that I would have gone back to the gym sooner.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024