Author Topic: My Situation (post op)  (Read 2518 times)

Offline SortIt2008

• Posting Member
I posted last year as i was thinking about getting my chest sorted you can see it here -
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13851.msg98379#msg98379

Well i had surgery on monday and i am not entirely sure it has worked, i went down the NHS route and had no waiting times or problems in getting surgery, only problem really was that i was set on getting it done and sorted i didnt really no what i was having done, the procedure i had done was 'Bilateral Mastectomy'.

I had the op monday all went fine was fitted with pressure pads on the tuesday and had them removed on the wednesday, Now when i had them removed i must admit the puffyness in my nipples ad gone and there had been an incession made into both nipples but my chest seemed to be still 'large' as it wer, i am just wondering whether this is down to swelling although i have no brusing what so ever,

Anyone shed any light on this for me i have only got a follow up with my consulatant in 8 weeks by the way.

cheers again

Offline kingboob

What did you tell the surgeon your main concerns were?  The puffy nipples or over all size?

It sounds to me as though s/he has removed any excess gland (or whatever it is called) through the nipple, which will remove the pointy / puffy effect that many people seem to hate...........  But did you also have liposuction to remove fat and make the chest look *smaller*???     If you did then I would expect you to have bruising and be experiencing stinging pains when moving.

Either way swelling will be an issue throughout the post-op recovery period.

In those pictures on the link your chest looks in reasonable proportion to the rest of your upper body..... apart from the puffy nipples.

You look quite muscular with large pecs, so your chest is never going to be flat as a board anyway.

I would not worry just yet, 8 weeks will fly by, you can ask lots of questions at the follow up.

Offline SortIt2008

• Posting Member
Cheers King we will have to see the outcome anyway will try and get some pics on as soon as plasters have been removed next week.

As soon as i took my tshirt off the consultant new what i was talking about he made me put my hand on my waist and tense and he pinched around the nipple 'the gland' as he put it which he said would be removed, i no for certain i dint have lipo he informed me this was the job of the plastic surgeon thru the NHS.

I am just abit anxious as i have been thru all this and i would be gutted if it turned out it was no different, its just when you see other guys pre n post op pics there miricles and i was to be honest expecting this, anyways i will keep you update on the progress

cheers for reading

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024