Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 2224 times)

Offline george92

• Posting Member
After several years of dithering about with the NHS, I decided to go and consult Karidis. Within about 20 mins I had the operation booked for the beginning of April. Honestly it felt so surreal, because the thing which I had been striving for and dreaming of for so many years was basically sorted within less than half an hour. No complications, I just need to go have a blood test and it'll be in the bag.

I'm not worried about the surgery at all, I'm just so glad its happening after a half a decade of having this awful, confidence-destroying condition. Karidis is a great guy, he fully reassured me about everything, so now I'm raring for the operation and looking forward to my new life :)

Does anyone have any advice as to what to expect directly after the surgery, eg any pains, bruises? Also, discussing the skin left over afterwards, how long usually does it take to retract back into shape? Thanks in advance.

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Good for you George92!  :D

There's very little pain - I didn't have to take any of the pain killers. First week you just have to take it easy... No lifting, driving etc. From there it just gets better and better. You won't have any loose skin - by the time you take the vest off 24hrs after the op you'll just have a flat chest - with some bruising. You can expect the bruising to last for 2 weeks......

I'm 6 weeks post op now and you'd never know I'd had gyne or undergone an operation to get rid of it. I took my little girl swimming for the first time yesterday and didn't think twice. Was sweeeet! ;D

Oh, and you'd better set aside some money for a new wardrobe  ;)
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline george92

• Posting Member
Thanks, that makes me feel 100% confident about events post op.

I used to swim competitively but for obvious reasons I was too embarrased to continue as time passed, so you've really assured me. As for the new wardrobe, I think the clothes may end up costing more than the operation itself  :D

Another question I have regarding the operation, perhaps a bit superficial; I have red marks under the breasts, possibly due to friction or something like that. Has anyone had the same thing, and if so does the operation get rid of the red marks, as they follow the line of the breasts and may hint that a breast was there.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
After several years of dithering about with the NHS, I decided to go and consult Karidis. Within about 20 mins I had the operation booked for the beginning of April. Honestly it felt so surreal, because the thing which I had been striving for and dreaming of for so many years was basically sorted within less than half an hour. No complications, I just need to go have a blood test and it'll be in the bag.

I'm not worried about the surgery at all, I'm just so glad its happening after a half a decade of having this awful, confidence-destroying condition. Karidis is a great guy, he fully reassured me about everything, so now I'm raring for the operation and looking forward to my new life :)

Does anyone have any advice as to what to expect directly after the surgery, eg any pains, bruises? Also, discussing the skin left over afterwards, how long usually does it take to retract back into shape? Thanks in advance.

Hey George92 I am in exactly the same position as you.

NHS pissed me off so I went and booked a consultation with Levick, I too have my surgery early April.

Good luck and hopefully it will work out as expected for both of us.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Another question I have regarding the operation, perhaps a bit superficial; I have red marks under the breasts, possibly due to friction or something like that. Has anyone had the same thing, and if so does the operation get rid of the red marks, as they follow the line of the breasts and may hint that a breast was there.

Hey George

No boobs - no marks. I had them too - didn't notice them after but probably because of the bruising. No bruising now - no red marks either.

You got nothing to worry about dude - soon it will all just be a memory (a bad one!)  ;D

Enuff

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024