Author Topic: Does Dr. Karidis require you to come back in a few days for a checkup?  (Read 7535 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Does Dr. Karidis require you to come back in a few days for a checkup?
I mean, within 2 or 3 days?

I will be flying to the UK, so, in that case I would have to get a motel or hotel.

It would be more convenient, of course, to fly home the next day. But whatever needs to be done...
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
Re: Does Dr. Karidis require you to come back in a few days for a checkup?
Its day surgery you will get out at 5pm if your in at 7ish. If your not well after the op theyl keep you in overnight

You go back 6 weeks later for a checkup

.... if you dont you loose the option of a free revision (you still have to pay £1438 no matter what for hospital fees!)

if your happy i wouldnt bother going back, if not your going to have to travel back

Ill give you some tips

Consulation:

Will Cost you £75 - Can pay buy Cash/Cheque/Card on the day
Lasts a max of 30 minutes mine lasted like 15, He will answer any question you have (o btw if you need a sick note, he will do you one)

Payments:

£670 For Deposit (once this is paid then)
+
£2008 For Karidis
£1438 For StJohns Hospital

Surgery:

Theyl send you a pack with Arnica tablets, stock up on herbal stuff for after your op and eat healthy
If you smoke you need to give up two weeks before and two weeks after
In and out the same day
Total Op time tends to be an Hr 1/2 but i think karidis does like 30 mins work

Just to give you an idea of time frames!

I booked my consulation and had a date a week later
Once i booked in for surgey it was a 5 week wait (could have been earlier but i wanted a saturday)

VERY IMPORTANT

They will require a blood test from you this will cost £130 from StJohns and you need to have it to them 14 days before the op, since your in Ireland im guessing your not going to want to travel back. Make them aware of this in your consult. And get it done privatley in ireland ... i managed to get a mobile unit do mine for £20 and they did it in my front room! quality. Make sure you get this sorted promptly to eliviate any stress! i am personally having a nervous breakdown  trying to deliver them the sodding results!

Good luck matey!
Chancer
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:52:14 PM by chancer76 »
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Chancer76, thanks a million for that helpful advice.

Can I ask about the payment instalments: when are they paid? I mean, roughly when is the 670 deposit paid, the £2008 For Karidis, and the £1438 for the hospital?

Also...this will sound clueless, but what am I paying the hospital that amount for?

And, sorry to hear about the stress! How are you sending them the results, how do you do it? What is the blood test for? I'm just trying to figure out what I should ask my doctor, or who I should go to.

Thanks in advance. Sorry about all the questions

Offline kingboob

Cellar, the 2k for Karidis is obviously his fee..... the £1400 is the hospitals charge, which will get used to pay nurses, anesthetist and cover other costs at there end, as well as cover a profit margin obviously.

My understanding is the £670 deposit is paid on the day you book the surgery  and the remaining fees have to be paid at least a week in advance of the operation...... but I'm not 100% sure, maybe a patient of Karidis can comfirm this soon.

Seems a bit mean to me that you have to pay the hospital again for revisions and £130 for a blood test! (surely that should be included in the price?), but I guess each hospital group works differently.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Cellar, the 2k for Karidis is obviously his fee..... the £1400 is the hospitals charge, which will get used to pay nurses, anesthetist and cover other costs at there end, as well as cover a profit margin obviously.

My understanding is the £670 deposit is paid on the day you book the surgery  and the remaining fees have to be paid at least a week in advance of the operation...... but I'm not 100% sure, maybe a patient of Karidis can comfirm this soon.

Seems a bit mean to me that you have to pay the hospital again for revisions and £130 for a blood test! (surely that should be included in the price?), but I guess each hospital group works differently.

I guess, but so be it.

By any chance do you know what method of payment Karidis would accept? I currently don't have a credit card. Actually, when I log out in a few minutes I'm on the way into the bank to apply for either a debit card or a credit card.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
He takes any form of payment you want, cash, cheque, debit card, credit card, all apart from an I.O.U.  ;D

and PS, it's worth every penny
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
Yeah you pay the deposit on the day you book the surgery (you dont have to book on day of consult, infact i reccomend you dont give you a bit of time to think it over)

once youve paid deposit they need the full amount paying 15 days before surgery. I had a few problems paying with a debit card (payments didnt accept on their end). Im going to retry with a relatives credit card fingers crossed it will work or im going to have to wire them the money!

£1438 for the hospital. yep welcome to private surgery its expensive. thankgod for the NHS for us poor folk!

Yeah you require three blood tests, i wish i had kept the sheet that listed them. But i gave it to my phlebotomist (however you spell it). Im sure someone else on here will have a copy of it. You could ask your GP they should be able to help you ive just got a small time frame

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
£1400, so make sure you tick all the boxes on the menu for your dinner, it is a fine spread, tea pot and cups n saucers unlike the NHS plastic cup and tea urn. But you've paid for it so enjoy it.

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
its £1483 now (sorry just checked my papers though it was 38) the prices went up in april 3% (budget time)

That price is a quote from a few weeks ago (3ish) so it wont have changed much
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:19:17 PM by chancer76 »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
He takes any form of payment you want, cash, cheque, debit card, credit card, all apart from an I.O.U.  ;D

and PS, it's worth every penny

Excellent!

But - doesn't he want some money before the consultation, or can you pay this amount at the consultation itself?

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Yeah you pay the deposit on the day you book the surgery (you dont have to book on day of consult, infact i reccomend you dont give you a bit of time to think it over)

once youve paid deposit they need the full amount paying 15 days before surgery. I had a few problems paying with a debit card (payments didnt accept on their end). Im going to retry with a relatives credit card fingers crossed it will work or im going to have to wire them the money!

£1438 for the hospital. yep welcome to private surgery its expensive. thankgod for the NHS for us poor folk!

Yeah you require three blood tests, i wish i had kept the sheet that listed them. But i gave it to my phlebotomist (however you spell it). Im sure someone else on here will have a copy of it. You could ask your GP they should be able to help you ive just got a small time frame

Why didn't your debit card work? I have a debit card too, no credit card. So I'm hoping it works and there are no problems.

Are you covered by the NHS for this!?

I have a medical card in Ireland - but it doesn't cover for anything like this. Which is a load of bollocks. It's a disgrace that gyno is classifed as cosmetic. It's not vanity here, for fuk's sake!

What's with the hesitation about wiring the money - what problems do you foresee arising??

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
£1400, so make sure you tick all the boxes on the menu for your dinner, it is a fine spread, tea pot and cups n saucers unlike the NHS plastic cup and tea urn. But you've paid for it so enjoy it.

Ok, so that's for the hospital stay. Is the hospital physically right beside the clinic or what? They do the operation on you, then they move you to the hospital for recuperation?

Offline Rosco12724

• Posting Member
Hi Guys'

If you live in the Uk go to your GP and have the blood tests for free.

As standard Dr. Karidis requires the following blood tests:

Full Blood Count
Coag (Blood clotting test)
Urea and Electrolytes

Depending on age and health you may also need a EKG to check your heart is fit for surgery.

I am two and a half weeks post op and things are going well, still got some swelling. Went out yesterday without the vest, nipples felt a bit sore but it was good to go out in a fitted top with my shoulders back.

Karidis is a very good surgeon and you should be up and about within an hour of the op. I was ready to be discharged at 1pm. Went to theatre at 8am one hour after arriving at the hospital.

A quick tip shave your chest and area around arm pit to reduce discomfort when they take off the dressing. I had little to no oozing from the tiny incisions which are very hard to see and heal very well.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Hi Guys'

If you live in the Uk go to your GP and have the blood tests for free.

As standard Dr. Karidis requires the following blood tests:

Full Blood Count
Coag (Blood clotting test)
Urea and Electrolytes

Depending on age and health you may also need a EKG to check your heart is fit for surgery.

I am two and a half weeks post op and things are going well, still got some swelling. Went out yesterday without the vest, nipples felt a bit sore but it was good to go out in a fitted top with my shoulders back.

Karidis is a very good surgeon and you should be up and about within an hour of the op. I was ready to be discharged at 1pm. Went to theatre at 8am one hour after arriving at the hospital.

A quick tip shave your chest and area around arm pit to reduce discomfort when they take off the dressing. I had little to no oozing from the tiny incisions which are very hard to see and heal very well.

Hey man. Since I live in Ireland, will I have to get the three blood tests here - and how do I send the results to him? What the hell am i supposed to tell my doctor?? "Uh, I need 3 blood tests please, because, uh..."

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
Cellar: you need to talk about your GP with this mate, dont think their going to laugh at you they are medical professionals! And to be honest if they deemed it bad enough they may reccomend you for treatment free on the NHS. For me the NHS was a waste of time and they wouldnt treat me but others on here have had great success with them

Dont know why my debit didnt work, im starting to think it could have been an error with my bank. I wouldnt worry about that though im sure im one in a million that its failed on

you pay for your consultation on the day!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024