Author Topic: Will the nhs help me?  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Abeus

• Posting Member
im 16 from the uk and i have mild gyno (lumps under my nipples often sore). im not in perfect shape but i wouldnt say i was obese.  is there anything doctors can do? or will i just have to wait till it gets really bad and then hope i can find the money and go private for an operation. (im hopeing it doesnt get really bad but it might)

Offline glinja

• Silver Member
  • bi lateral aggressive lipo done on NHS 16/06/04
Best thing to do, is go and see the doc m8, they are the most qualified to make a judgment on your condition.
If you explain your feelings, and how it affects you then maybe they will take it futher.
Hope this helps,
Regards
Glinja ;)

Offline Man_Called_Sun1980

• Posting Member
  • I want to cut them off! :(
Mine is causing me so much psychological harm they're gonna put me on the waiting list - feck knows how long that will be though :(

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
At your age its pretty likely that they'll want to wait to see if the gyne regresses naturally, so be prepared for that. You'll need to get blood work done; you're at your hormonal peak so if you get the physical side sorted by op you are way more likely to suffer regrowth if your hormones are out of whack  - I stress I'm not a doctor so this is NOT medical opinion, just what seems likely to a logical mind with an interest who has researched the condition. Please get a qualified medical opinion.

You have to be realistic, and a surgeon will want to see a stable condition before operating - i.e. something that hasn't changed for some time. You are still growing, and your body is still changing.

It's not a case of waiting until it gets really bad, more a case of waiting until yoiu are sure it is there for good and not just a transient hormonal response.

As Glinja says, your best course is to go see your doctor asap.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Do your own reading on the subject BEFORE you go see the doc....

My doc didnt know anything about gyne, and I knew a lot more than him simply by browsing these forums...he was of little/no help, ..Im not saying all docs are so clueless, but many will be...

Good luck, and get it seen to!

Offline Abeus

• Posting Member
thanks for the replies every 1

Offline glinja

• Silver Member
  • bi lateral aggressive lipo done on NHS 16/06/04
No problem, thats why were here ;)

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
  • NHS Gyne' surgery done 7/9/05
    • My pre op' pictures
Just got back from seeing a plastic surgeon through my GP on the NHS. He's told me that I'll have my Gyne removed within the next six months, and even sooner if a cancellation crops up, and I can take the date..

This is superb. Went to see my GP in February, who referred me to Lt Colonel Nicholas Bennett at the Rotal Haslar Hospital in Gosport Hants.

He was more then happy to do this for me, and told me that I won't be suffering for much longer. He talked through the whole procedure, including the removal of the 'discs' under each nipple, and the lipo needed to suck out the chest fat.

So far my NHS experience has been nothing short of first class. I'll check in again with you guys once I've got my date for the op. :-)

Offline Abeus

• Posting Member
that sounds cool daytona. i went to see my doc and he just said its nothing to worry about and i just have a swollen breast plate i shouldkt worry about true gyne until im 21. i personaly think i ought to get my hormones checked out though because iv just started producing milk lol

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
"swollen breast plate"? What the hell is that!

Go for a second opinion dude!

You are joking about the breast milk, right?  :o

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024