Author Topic: surgery in London in2 days time  (Read 2205 times)

Offline gez95

• Posting Member
Hi All - Greetings from London.

Have just found this fantastic site, which makes me feel a lot less anxious about having the surgery in two days time on wednesday July 8.

I am 41 and about 10kg over my ideal weight.  I have been aware of my breasts being abnormal since I was about 12.  Like many of you , it has been a source of anxiety and neurosis for me and I have recently got my act together and am going to be operated on by Peter Butler through London Plastic Surgery Associates. I wondered if anyone else had been done by him.  I've checked his rather superb credentials as a senior consultant at London's teaching hospitals and have been very impressed at the two consultations.  He will perform Gland removal and Lyposuction.

I'll go and look at the relevant sections now , but wondered if any of you could advise me on how careful you had to be about upper body movement and for how long?  I will have a just under three weeks before having to be quite active again at work.

Anyway, I more anxious about the anaesthetic than the surgery - but will read on about that too.

Any tips gratefully received.  Best wishes to all.

Offline merlot

• Posting Member
Good luck, check out the bit in this thread by "thetodd" for some great advice:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.0

Offline gez95

• Posting Member
Thanks Merlot
Very grateful. Will get what they advise.
Gez

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
hey gez. im very happy for you and hope it all goes well. just a quick question. ive never heard of peter butler but i did google him and he seems pretty good. can you give any more info on your surgery eg where you had your consultation, cost of surgery, where it will take place etc. any other info u have on him and your journey so far would be great.

best of luck buddy.

Offline gez95

• Posting Member
Hello there ineedhelp

Glad to say all went very well so far.  Now 4 days post surgery and it was very straightforward and seems to be healing very well and I am delighted with the result.  Only noticable effects so far are occasional mild soreness and a bit of tiredness.

Prof Butler & his Anaesthetist were fantastic.  I did loads of research before starting all this and he was recommended to me by a friend who is an NHS  consultant at the Royal Free Hospital, London - so basically inside information from his peer group.   The consultations were at a private clinic called LPSA [see above] and the operation performed round the corner at the Princess Grace Hospital. I opted to have an overnight stay rather than come home on my own.  The hospital was fantastic too. 

Saw him the next morning and he checked the sites and drains before removal and gave me sound advice about taking it easy for the next days.  Am still in the compression garment obviously.  I go back to the clinic in two days to have first follow up and again a week later.

The cost was £4800 but there was also a £250 referral to an endocrinologist - which initially alarmed me - but later seemed appropriate when I met him and he was so detailed and helpful.  So it's not cheap but it's certainly cheaper than I thought it would be considering that Butler is one of the world's most respected cosmetic surgeons.  And certainly compared to the US at the moment.

I'll let you know anything that happens after the clinic this week - but so far I unreservedly recommend it.

Good luck to you too.

All best
Gez

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024