Author Topic: Propecia induced gyno? Updated 8-8-05  (Read 3956 times)

Offline tgferg67

Hi,
I quit propecia over a year ago because I was gaining fat on my chest. If I am ever able to lose this fatty gyno has propecia permananty changed where my fat accumulates(my chest) for the rest of my life or is fatty gyno in the future only possible with hormonal changes(propecia)?

Some probably won't think I have gyno but I know what my chest looked like before propecia and I stopped as soon as I noticed changes were ocurring.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:58:53 PM by tgferg67 »

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
i think u have a very mild case of gyno it looks like u have fat under there i dont think it looks like gland but u never know.

Good Luck Henrik
i finally feel like im a man

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
doesn't look bad, maybe you gained a little weight/fat in the chest but.... don't think its a gland issue since your nips don't stick out... do some cardio and you should lose the fat

Offline tgferg67

I think I made some improvement. If I can get the same amount of improvement again my chest will be back to normal. Wish I could say the same about my hair :-[

6-10-2005

8-8-2005

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:57:21 PM by tgferg67 »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
There is some fat in there but it doesn't seem to be a case of gyne. I would advise you to work out first before getting worried.

Offline gyno_boy

• Posting Member
Sorry its a little off topic - did the propecia help with the hairloss while you were on it? Its something ive considred but I already have gyne which is a much bigger issue to me than my hairloss. Also did you suffer from sexual disfunction?

Your gyne doesnt look bad, as people say you dont have swollen nipples, just a build up of fat. Exercise could very well remedy your case.

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I met a man who is a distributor for Propecia and yes it is true that you can get gyno from it. It's not very common but can happen. According to him, and this is what I've read also, you wind up freeing up some bound testosterone in your body, this is now free to circulate in your body and it can aromatize, meaing it will convert to estrogen. The interesting thing about this is that even though you free up testosterone in your body you can possibly experience some sexual disfunction, I don't know how this is exactly. But it's a side effect.
You can continue to take Propecia but you'd need an antiestrogen. I have a friend who takes arimidex to keep estrogen low and he is doing fine now. I'd recommend getting on Nolvadex now.
Good luck to you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024