Author Topic: Another one done!!!!  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Doug800

• Posting Member
  • Gone Scottish NHS 15.06.05
Just out of hospital (Golden Jubilee in Clydebank) after going through Bilateral Mastectomy by MR David Soutar yesterday at 11am.

Pre-med at 9am and woke up after the op. as if waking in the morning. Still a bit groggy after the concoction of Temazepam, Morphine and Ketamine!!! (all for free as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) )

I feel absoulutely fine and slept well last night although the chest drains were uncomfortabe.

Dressings were changed when the drains were removed this morning and all looks well. Left drain was a breeze but the right was in a fair bit and stung a like a b****** for a good bit after.

Movememt is obviosly restricted but I have none of the sticky bandages many talk about and have some pretty tight vest tubigrips and also have my own underworks vest.

I recon this has taken me about 8 months form my first visit to my GP and although this was a cancellation appointment I am more than happy at this point as the hospital is 5 minutes from my house and is the ex HCI private hospital so I got all the toys in my own room, a fantastic view of the river and excellent food!!

Before and after pics to follow soon.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Well done mate  ;D
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Doug,

Well done and good luck to you.  I’m guessing that this is an NHS op?  Keep us posted as to your recovery/progress.  It would be invaluable to have an NHS surgeon who can do the job.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Well done! Now for the interesting part of the journey, seeing how it changes from day to day!

Hope it's all gone well and you get the result you were looking for.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
You've had a masectomy?...does this mean your nipples have been removed?  ???

Offline Doug800

• Posting Member
  • Gone Scottish NHS 15.06.05
No it's just the terminology for the procedure.

I think at times people can be confused with all the information and advice posted on here.

I posted on another thread (I think) all the types of 'mastectomy'

My nipples are definetily still there 'cause they ur loupin man!!!!! ;)

I have taken the dressings off where the drains were in and had a look at the rest which looks pretty well flat and has very little bruising as yet!!! Stiches out on Wednesday and I have to go back to see the consultant in 2 months (appt in already!!)

GO NHS!!! ;D

Offline Dee Cee

Well it's been a long time and I have been back in for further reduction (2006).

I was browsing this evening and came across a link to the site so I thought I would add a little update. (I have even forgot my log in details and have changed e-mails anyway)

I was initially happy with the first proceedure but I kept going back every 3 months until Mr Soutar finally agreed a little more could come out (lipo) I was given a cancellation appointment at the Royal in Glasgow (WHAT A DUMP). In in the morning and I signed myself out by 5pm. No chest drains just lipo so I was fine.

As like a few others on here I did experience some tissue sticking and one nipple (when I look down) protrudes a bit while the other is indented. This is still the same now but it would take one of you guys that have experienced similar to notice from face on.

I have been to India, Spain and Portugal and have no problems going swimming. Yes it isn't 100% but WAY better than it was. Even waking up from the anesthetic second time was no problem (Just like my first) and after hearing some of the horrible stories of coming round I was pleasantly surprised.

I still need to get my finger out and get to the gym more often. Getting it to look 100% (or near enough) is down to me now.

All in all a bit of a success story (apart from the inconvenience of a second visit). One thing I WILL remember forever is getting those chest drains pulled out!! OUCH!!

Good luck guys.

Doug800 (or Dee Cee from now)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024