Author Topic: Dr in Minneapolis?  (Read 3876 times)

Offline ajvad

• Posting Member
Does anyone know of a good gynecomastia surgeon in the Minneapolis area?

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
Hey fellas

I just got my surgery done with Dr. Tholen on 12/23.
He came highly recommended by another member on this site,
and I have to say that so far it was all worth it.
His staff was very friendly and professional, and he does a significant number of gyne procedures a year (he had done 2 in the past week before mine!)
Anyways, I haven't seen my post-op chest yet so I cant speak to the results, but I will let you know when i do.

Offline otamox

• Posting Member
shidu54, what was the approximate cost of the procedure.  Did the surgeon have pre-op and post-op photos to show you during your consultation.  Minneapolis is the closest large city to me and would be a great plus in term of travel time.  I've looked at international destinations before but the cost of travel and the current weak dollar really add up.
Thank you for any information you can provide.

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
shidu54, what was the approximate cost of the procedure.  Did the surgeon have pre-op and post-op photos to show you during your consultation.  Minneapolis is the closest large city to me and would be a great plus in term of travel time.  I've looked at international destinations before but the cost of travel and the current weak dollar really add up.
Thank you for any information you can provide.

The total cost was $4920.  This included the surgery itself (general anesthesia), medications, the post-op vest, rechecks, and (apparently) some free sessions with a massage therapists-not sure about that though, the doc said hed give me more info next week.  I have to be honest, I did not ask for any additional photos at my consultation- Dr. Tholen was perfectly happy to answer any questions I had though.  The consultation was pretty standard-you watch a video, a nurse takes some preliminary info, the doc comes in and examines you, and then you go talk to the lady with the quotes.  Dr. Tholens staff, in particular, is very professional, although it seems like he wants patients to come in quite often post-surgery (not sure how that would work with where you live).

At the very least, I would suggest you contact Dr. Tholen's staff-they would probably be able to give you the specifics about a surgery like this, as they probably have some international gyne patients.  Dr. Tholen is really good at what he does... he doesn't specialize in gyne surgery, but he knows plastic surgery like the back of his hand.  Just make the call! you'll be happy you did...

Offline otamox

• Posting Member
shidu54, thank you for the information you provided.  I just had my surgery a week ago with Dr. Tholen.  The whole surgical team was fantastic, the nurses, anesthesiologist, and Dr. Tholen.  I am still slightly swollen and sore but so far everything looks pretty good.  Its about a two hour drive to his office from where I live in Wisconsin but it was worth it. 
The only problem I had was a small screw up by his front office staff, which did cause me some inconvenience - I did loose my temper a bit.  But other than this I would certainly recommend Dr. Tholen for anyone within a few hour drive from Minneapolis.  Later on once I've had some more healing I'll be happy to post pre-op and post op photos to anyone interested.

Offline ajvad

• Posting Member
sorry bout the delayed response - how're the results? Are you happy with them?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024