Author Topic: 3 revision?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline londonbhoy

• Posting Member
Hi all!

Not been on here in ages.. I had my 1st op with Harley Medical in 2007 - Unsuccessful. Doctor said there was no Gyno, fat only so only carried out lypo. I waited the recommended 1 year and there was no change what so ever to my chest so got revision surgery in October 2008. This time he removed glad tissue (So much for no gyno 1st time round!) Now, a year later and having lost almost 2 stone in weight, the gyno is STILL there! It's definitely better than it was after the 1st op but I STILL wear my Nike pro tops under my T-shirts every time I go out and I'm really f**king depressed! How long will this go on for? Am I cursed to be like this for the rest of my life? Has anyone had 3 revision ops? I really think I'm a lost cause and have no faith in the doctor who carried out the op and am scared to go for yet another op. I would go to some of the recommended docs on here and see what they think, but unfortunately I do not have another £4k to spend!

I really wish I'd known of this site before I had my 1st op and who knows, maybe I'd be happy right now.

Any thoughts will be received with thanks.

Offline kingboob

What is your original surgeons opinion on the situation and doing revisions?

I mean in extreme cases of gynecomastia I don't think having one or two revisions / touch up surgeries or even having a two stage operation is that uncommon...... but only if you are at the very large end of things to start off with or have significant excess & droopy skin.

Losing 2 stone is quite a large change as well, were you happy with your chest after the second operation but before losing more weight?

The problem is now after 2 operations there could be quite a lot of scar tissue which makes life difficult for the surgeon and results less likely to be 100% perfect......realistic expectations are important and if you do decide to go for operation no3 then really go with a well known name and hopefully get it fixed once and for all.

Offline londonbhoy

• Posting Member
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was happy after the 2nd op.. Immediately afterwards the skin was really tight but gradually it became looser and looser. My PS said I should give things a year to see the full results and let it heal properly but I knew after a few months that it hadn't worked...AGAIN. My 2nd op was Oct 2008.

Re the weight loss..it wasn't all fat so it's not as dramatic as you might think. I've always been a big guy..I worked in a gym for 9 years and worked out a lot so although I never had rippling abs, I was always very muscular. I decided to cut the majority of weight training and just hit the running and the weight just dropped off. I lost about 4 inches from my waist but my chest hasn't changed one bit. Go figure! It really pisses me off when I see obese guys on TV or at the pool and they have a completely flat chest yet for me, and the majority of guys on here, we're in decent shape and yet cursed with this f**king affliction!

The PS does revisions free of charge but I haven't been to see him Re my current concerns. I guess I'm scared that if I go for a 3rd op, something's gonna go horribly wrong and I'll have some hiddeous scarring or droopy skin, which can't be corrected. It's weird but when I squeeze my chest, it actually feels like the gyno's gone but it's not loose skin. I'm sorry I can't post pics but I live alone and I tried to take some with my phone but they are rubbish so no point posting them.

I guess the only thing for me to do is to go and ask what he thinks Re the current state of my chest. Update to follow.

Thanks again King

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024