Author Topic: Question about UK Surgeon's + Surgery's  (Read 1997 times)

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
I have currently requested and received quotes from alot of UK Surgery's / Surgeon's, and what i seem to get back is a quote around 4000GBP,
Now this lead's to my question,

How come they offer this price when they havent even seen me? (most of the time they say its a fixed price which everyone pay's)
Soo how come people with less Gyno then other's have to pay this price?
Surley it would be cheaper for someone with less Gyno and more expensive for people with more?

Also some Surgery's charge the same price with or without Lypo :-\

If their are any Surgeon's reading this then your answer to this question would be great.

Does anybody know?
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline kingboob

Its called the gravy train you'll see the same type of thing from dentists, mechanics and opticians. They charge it cause they can, the experienced ones have little in the way of competition in the UK it seems. Who are you thinking about using by the way?

To understand why the prices remain fairly fixed and consistent I think you have to  break them down - A 4k surgery is probably around 50/50 hospital and surgeon fees, the hospital fees remain fairly fixed (with large overheads I would guess) and usually includes the cost for the anesthetist (£300-£500) as well......... So once the surgeon has paid 50% (at a guess?) tax he or she is probably getting 1k..... sounds pretty good, but then you have to factor in the 10+ years of training to get to the level of Consultant, the costs of employing office staff, insurance, paying the private hospital for the consulting rooms/facilities and they of course have to provide aftercare and possibly revisions or further surgeries for complications for that one fee as well.

My guess is they are making a healthy profit on simpler cases (In & out in 40mins, never see the patient again!) and breaking even or possibly making a small gain/loss on complicated cases that require longer procedures and/or revisions & complications.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day........... plenty of guys had cheap surgery in Poland a few years back and ended up paying twice..... even the best surgeon wont get it right 100% of the time.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:08:01 AM by kingboob »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024