Author Topic: Turned down 2nd time by the GP  (Read 3005 times)

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
Just came back from my GP and he just turned me down. This time I told him I'm having pain as well as the psychological issue about the gynecomastia. He started with 'let me see your breasts' I  was hopeful at that point then he said 'they look normal to me and I'm just going to send you for ultrasound'. I asked him whether surgery was possible and he said 'don't be ridiculous you don't have big breasts and you don't fit the criteria for plastic surgery'. He has gynecomastia himself (it takes one to know one I guess :D) and that's the reason he's not referring me to sa surgeon. I'm just exhausted and probably won't try the NHS.

Anybody from the Birmingham area who had gynecoamstia surgery on the NHS recently?

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Bullseye if you are not happy with what he said go see a diffrent doctor or even change to another doctors nearby.

You dont have to stay with the same doctor.

Also do you have photo's of your Gyno?

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
Jackeyboy08 I think this is postcode lottery. Some areas they refer patients to surgery and in other areas only in big cases of gynecomastia. I don't have a pic of my chest but it's similar to the one on the link below. I'm thinking of looking for another GP that's the reason I asked anybody in Brum area who had surgery on the NHS.

http://www.moobreduction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Gynecomasti-Before-and-After.jpg

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
I agree with you, but maybe just try at least one more time with a diffrent doctor you never know?

What about going private?

Take some photo's their are alot of diffrent photo's on that post.

Jake

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
Hi

Bullseye belive me when i say you can be reffered to any Doc you want on the NHS.

My GP wanted to sand me to his local hospital and i asked to first try and get a refferal to my friends Doc who got his done.

All went well and i got refered to the Doc i wanted.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG.

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
jakeyboy yeah if i dont get positive answer from nhs by march im heading towards private. I certainly cant afford karidis or other uk fees therefore i will head to eastern europe.                                  Hi there wannabemassive currently im waiting on ultrasound scan and i hope they'll refer me to plastic surgeon. I dnt think i'll get further with nhs but will c how it goes.

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
hey bullseye.

I think you should wait for the NHS or continue to save for karidis or levick.
The cheap euro surgeon wont have the experience and you may feel he does a shit reduction on your chest which you then have to live with.

take time to think about the situation gyne is not life threatin if you can save for the best the go for it. An idea would be to save what you can then go on zopa.co.uk and loan the rest of the money for the best surgeon.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
wannabemassive i've had enough of NHS. I had my last appointment last week for ultrasound and the breat surgeon didnt do ultrasound scan on me. he said to me take tamoxifen or nothing else we can do. I'm just about to start saving up some money for private. Yeah atleats gyne is not life threatening as you said there are more things to worry about at this moment of time...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024