Author Topic: hypertrophic scars and glandular tissue side of chest  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Hdaddy

• Posting Member
I had my surgery 1.5 years ago, there is still hypertrophic scarring on the nipple, and a blulge of glandular tissue on the side of my chest and armpit area, its about half the size of a fist.

Are there procedures that remove the gland by making an incision near the armpit? How does one excise tissue far away from the nipple?

Can lipo remove any glandular tissue, or only fat?

Thanks, I will be making appointment soon with a surgeon

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A hypertrophic scar need not require surgery in many instances -- merely an injection or two of kenalog or similar medication.

As for residual tissue (fat, gland or both), that is best explored with your original surgeon.  Perhaps it indeed is residual tissue.  But sometimes it can be scar tissue -- which again can be treated successfully with injections -- without additional surgery.  On the other hand, if it is indeed residual tissue, that perhaps revision surgery would be indicated.

I have been successful in revising surgery from other surgeons by utilizing my own designed cannula, which is sharp and able to remove both fat and gland -- through a small nick in the skin on the sides of the chest.  It works well -- but if I encounter extremely dense breast tissue, it may not be totally successful.  I then have some other instruments to try -- again through the same nick in the skin.  If again unsuccessful, then I might have to go back in through the peri-areolar incision -- but that is my last choice.

Dr Jacobs

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:39:41 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024