Author Topic: new member here with gyno with pics  (Read 5998 times)

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Hi guys...
i'm really glad i came across this forum....i've been frustrated with my gyno a long time and happy to know there are guys here who i can relate to easily.

i'm just in 2 minds about having surgery..i've not approached my docs with my problem as they'll probably just tell me to live with it...this has really knocked my confidence...i do workout and i'm pretty happy with my physique apart from my chest..

i've had my gyno for probably around 10 years.. and i'm 31 now....I haven't done any steroids.  i never really paid any attention to my gyno until a new gym partner pointed it out..i thought it was just fat...i have soft fat like tissue all around my nipple area, nothing hard...research after research has persuaded me to take letro tablets to try and reduce my estrogen levels...today is my 9th day of taking 2.5mg letro every day.  it's hard to see if has made any difference but I shall carry on another 2 weeks.

I have posted couple of pics...

question is, do i go under the knife? if so, can anyone recommend a good surgeon....any ideas of cost as i doubt the nhs would do anything...

any input would be greatly appreciated....

Offline thetodd

Estrogen blockers will not work, people on Bodybuilding forums will tell you it will work on pre exsisting gyne and will probally give you a discount code to use, they get commision! Estrogen blockers will work on gyne thats newly formed two years old at the absolute latest. Stop taking letro throw it in the bin your just messing with your body. Ive took letro, tamoxifen and cabergoline via reccomendations on bodybuilding sites, all it done was drop my sex drive for a good while and burned a huge hole in my pocket!

I mean to me for a 31 year old bloke you look good, i think youd get a good result with surgery but this is where it gets tricky. On the NHS i really cant see you getting a good result and i think they will fob you off and say youve got overdeveloped pec muscles. Privatley you will get a good result but also be down £4k.

If you look in my signature i got surgery with karidis back in may all in all it cost me about £4200 with travel to london. If you can afford it go for it, but dont cripple yourself with debt youve got a good physique!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

y. On the NHS i really cant see you getting a good result and i think they will fob you off and say youve got overdeveloped pec muscles. Privatley you will get a good result but also be down £4k.

To be honest I think he does just have large pec muscles.   Maybe a side-on picture would highlight any problem....... however based on these pictures I don't think any surgery is really necessary.....  and certainly not on the NHS anyway.

£4k to go private obviously, but you have gotta ask yourself if it is worth while when the potential scarring and complications could be worse than the original problem in a case like this.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Thank you for the reply guys. It's really appreciated.

I suppose my gyno is not really noticeable from the front.  Also, when those pics were taken, I had a chest session in the gym which is probably hiding my gyno somewhat due to the muscle pumps.  I will try and do a side shot and post up.

I'm not the kind of person to take off my top in public places and not looking to enter any kind of bodybuilding competition so surgery risk probably outweighs my problem....i'm still researching on what can go wrong with surgery.  i know a lot of people here have had it and most surgery outcome seem to be welcoming. 

I am in a fortunate position where i can pay for private treatment but the thought of cutting my chest to take fat out is very scary for me.  :(

As for the estrogen blockers, some people have had success but maybe because the tablets were taken in the early stages of gyno onset????

Thetodd, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for Letro tablets?

DrBermant

Thank you for the reply guys. It's really appreciated.

I suppose my gyno is not really noticeable from the front.  Also, when those pics were taken, I had a chest session in the gym which is probably hiding my gyno somewhat due to the muscle pumps.  I will try and do a side shot and post up.

I'm not the kind of person to take off my top in public places and not looking to enter any kind of bodybuilding competition so surgery risk probably outweighs my problem....i'm still researching on what can go wrong with surgery.  i know a lot of people here have had it and most surgery outcome seem to be welcoming. 

I am in a fortunate position where i can pay for private treatment but the thought of cutting my chest to take fat out is very scary for me.  :(

As for the estrogen blockers, some people have had success but maybe because the tablets were taken in the early stages of gyno onset????

Thetodd, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for Letro tablets?

That is why I evolved my format for Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia Evaluation. Taking pictures from the front only can hide contour problems. There are many other issues listed on that link such as using a warm room, not stimulating the muscle under the skin, and many other factors. I see patients from around the world and needed a system to minimize travel to Virginia. Getting pictures that the patients said did not really show the problem does not really help with an evaluation based on those photos.

Antiestrogens can block the stimulation phase of gland growth. Gland can be stimulated and swollen by hormones. Such medications can help stop the stimulation and reverse swelling. Once the swelling subsides, remaining gland that has grown can still cause a contour problem. Medications do not shrink such gland deformity.  Antiestrogens have their own side effects. So many of the endocrinologists I see patients from around the world seem to have lost most of their enthusiasm for such medical intervention after so many failures.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Here's a side shot taken yesterday.....can gyno stretch to the side of my chest toward the armpits...i think that's my problem....is this a build up of fat which I can burn off?

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
it definetely dont look like u have a gland or puffy nipple etc but u say it changes during a work out does it change during cold etc to?

ur chest curves round naturally if i seen u i would just think u were a big built person.

im guessing the best thing would be to strip down naturally then the gland or excess fat would show up more. i can see something but i wouldnt like to say have surgery as it does look form the pics as u have a muscly chest.

i know this prob doesnt help much, but reguarding ur question.......... can gyno stretch to the side under the armpit. i have read this can sometimes be the case i cant remember where i have read this but ask one of the doctors on the site.

good luck

Offline kingboob

To be honest I still don't see the issue..... you look like a muscular guy and possibly you are carrying a bit of excess fat..... although I have no right to comment in that area as I am overweight myself!

As for the problem going under the arms.... that is usually fat to be honest, pretty difficult to get rid of it with surgery (in my experience anyway), and I'm not even sure if doing the under arm / sideboob area could be considered part of gyne surgery or if you would be paying extra for liposuction to that area as well?

I don't see why anyone would look twice at you on a beach / swimming pool etc.

Offline thetodd

The thing that makes me think you dont have gyne is the age of onset really youd expect it in your early teens. Seeing as youve said you havent used gear it just makes me thing its overdeveloped pec muscle combined with fat.

I would try to slim down eat a low calorie diet and bang out loads of cardio, you never go you could just shed the fat but if truth be told im not sure! As for my letro i remember it being hard to source i think i had to get it from india or somewhere weird i think it was £97 for 21 tablets i was taking

60Mg Tamoxifen (for bloody months)
1 letro tablet a day (1.5mg i think)
2 Cabergoline tablets every 3 days

I was taking ZMA Zinc with that aswell, i also got some body rub called sustain alpha which was obseneley expensive. I rekon in my whole time trying that treatment i spent a good £400-500. But i still think youd benefit from surgery if you can afford it, go for it!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024