Author Topic: Student + Affording Surgery  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Fusion

Hi, as the title suggests I'm currently a student studying for a BA. I'm 22 and have suffered the 'moobs' for about 10 years now, and it has had a big impact on my life. I'm too ashamed to go on holiday to anywhere exotic as it would mean removing my shirt. In fact I avoid intimate contact with girls due to the shame. Anyway enough blabbing, I'm obviously not in full-time employment and doubt the NHS would be interested, so any ideas/links to ways I could afford the surgery? Cheers :)

Offline thetodd

See if you can bump up your student loan a bit and get a job on the side aswell to cover it. Ask help from family members? Do what you got to do to get the money youl get it in time. Also a few of my student mates partake in clinical trials its not for me but i know there was a position recentley where they were trialing 4-MMC and there was a £1k pay cheque at the end of it. But some of them have had to stay in hotel rooms/lab enviroments for extended periods of time which may mess with your course and there are also risks involved in the trials obviously.

Ive also seen mates turn to small time drug dealing and subsequentley get caught and ruin their lives in the process, not saying you would go down that route but just remember youl get the total eventually. Dont kill yourself or put yourself at risk getting it!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline James101

• Posting Member
1. £1500 student overdraft. Think you have to ask your bank to increase it that far.

2. Part time job of 20hours during term time.

3. Full time job of 40+hours out of term time, Summer hols coming up! If you are determined to get this out of your life this year, you could work two jobs this summer. Weekdays and weekends. 60hours a week for 2-3months. Head down your student union to find a job or spam your cv to every shop and industrial estate within your travel distance.

4. Sperm banks.

5. If you can play poker you can probably grind out a safe 50quid over the course of a weekend. Google online articles on how to grind out profit on small money tables. Good articles will also tell you specific times that good for nabbing cash of drunks and people with too much money on weekends.

6. Go down your student union, talk to an advisor. You maybe able to get more money or apply for a hardship loan. Essentially aslong as you can back up where your money is being spent and put on a sad face you will probably qualify. Theres large somes of money there thats never used.

7. Depending on what degree you are studying, maybe you have a group of friends that can come up with an idea to make some cash. I knew a group of boys on my Computer Science course that set up their own business designing advertisements and websites for small busineses in the local area. They didnt make a considerable amount but every little bit helps!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024