Author Topic: Please give me some feedback...  (Read 2330 times)

Offline cwagillis

Hi, I've finally decided to register.

My situation:  I started developing "fatty" disks in 8th grade that were tender and made it hard to exercise and do sports.  One of them shrank a lot and went away, the other one shrank a little.  I have very large areolea.

My weight has fluctuated from a low body fat percent to near obesity. In fact I may be obese now!

I was doing well until early last year I was put on an anti-depressant that may or may not cause people to gain weight (the doctors arent in agreement) and now I've ballooned to the fattest I've ever been in my life, gaining 30 pounds.  I'm no longer on those anti-depressants but the weight hasnt left.

I'm now 31 years old, 5'7" and 196lbs!

I'm thinking of getting surgery done but I'm pretty sure that any doctor who saw me would like for me to lose weight first.  Unfortunately, that's been really hard this time around.

My biggest concern about gynecomastia surgery is that when I was younger, I was told that if you get the tissue cut out, that you wont be able to grow pec muscles if you lift weights.  Is this true?

Here are my pictures (I apologize as the photos arent pretty):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have been saving up some money in hopes of getting this taken care and I am considering have it done in Thailand.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry again for the rather unsightly photos....

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
The thing you heard about not being able to grow pectoral muscles is not true.  Gynecomastia surgery doesn't get into those muscles at all.  They will still be just as they are now.  

As far as your weight and surgery, a lot of doctors won't operate on people when they are obese.  It just does not provide optimal results and the patient probably won't be happy.  In other words, you may have solved the gynecomastia problem, but you've just created another one.

I can definitely understand why doctors are hesitant to operate on the obese. The operation is difficult enough on a person of normal weight, much less on an obese person with too much skin and fat.  All the fat makes satisfactory contouring of the chest area almost impossible.  

For example, when engaging in the liposuction, at what point would you stop the suctioning (and contouring) around the chest if all the area around and below will still be full of fat?  I think it's easy to imagine that the results would not look very good, so doctors don't want to do it if it won't look good.  

Offline cwagillis

Understood.

The thing though is that weight loss will not cure my condition. I usually average about 160...but even when I was at my lowest (about 145lbs doing marathon training) I still had the boobs.

DeeDubStyle619

weight loss will not solve it, but it will help. Start doing cardio and what not, burn as much fat as you can, and save up money for surgery while doing so.

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
Your 5'7'' and 200 lbs, you are obese now.  Cut to around 170 before you do surgery, that's what I did. 

Yes, your gyne will still be there at 170 lbs but it will look a little better, and be easier for the doctor when you go ahead with surgery. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024