Author Topic: Finally (NHS)  (Read 2035 times)

Offline thorne

• Posting Member
I wont bore you with the lond story but Ive been waiting to get the op on the NHS for 18months. I had to pay £120 to privately see the guy who does the operation near me. He put it through the board and I have had my confirmation letter today saying I can go ahead and meet the plastic surgeon and go through with the op. Im just wondering if anybody here has had the op through the NHS and how long did you have to wait before having the confirmation letter and having the actual op?

Also, Im wrattling my brains wondering how I can get off work with it. Im a student but I work behind a bar part-time at a local workingmens club. People would notice straight away if I went into work with moobs one day and the following shift they had suddenly gone. How long can I have off and what excuse can I give, once Im back, without drawing attention to the fact my moobs have gone?

Cheers guys!

Offline thetodd

they wont notice, i had the same worries people didnt say owt to me. Just say that your having a tooth removed they wont assume anything i used to do a heavy lifting job so i told the lads i was was having my wisdom tooth removed (you get signed off for 1-4 weeks for that in reality). Went back two weeks later sound

When you go into work just start moaning about toothaches and stuff to back up your story in a few weeks

good luck
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
agree with Todd absolutely noone noticed at all after I had surgery. I suppose I'd been relatively successful in hiding the condition. Going through this has also made me realise that hardly anyone has much interest in how other people look. It really has to be a drastic change for people to notice ( makes you wonder why we are so hung up about it in the first place) My sister said something like 'look at you in a T-shirt we never see you in a T-shirt' and that was that. The best thing is not having to think about it at all but that takes a while. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024